9 25%
nay
3 8%
indifferent
11 31%
i don't like the beatles
13 36%
Voters: 36.
Sadly, I think I like the originals better. (I've only listened to 'let it be' though).

I've only listened to the 'Let it Be' remastered and they made it sound like a guns and roses record (the ballads' mixes D: ).

It's like everything has been made so better and audible and lush that there's no 'breathing room' anymore.

or maybe i'm just used to listening to the old mixes cause i'm used to them. :|
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
The band needs to rerecord the tracks.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
edot: sorrry if there has been a thread like this lready amade, I searched but there was none, and the beatles thread in the bands and artists forum aren't talking about it, and no one in the pit checks them out anway. LEt's get the pTita Invlvolded
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
The Beatles could rape me with garden tools and I'd still love them to pieces.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Any particular remaster? I remember listening to some, it wasn't really that good. Instead of the warm sound they had replaced it with some definetely colder sounding, plus they changed the solos! And not to something better.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by CoreysMonster
It's shallow and pedantic.

I agree. Shallow and pedantic.

I've not actually heard the remasters, although I'm quite worried from what people have been saying. The Beatles are basically the epitome of studio excellence, and I don't want that reputation sullied.

*goes to check youtube*.
Where are you listening to them at?

Youtube isn't the place for quality music.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Kensai
Any particular remaster? I remember listening to some, it wasn't really that good. Instead of the warm sound they had replaced it with some definetely colder sounding, plus they changed the solos! And not to something better.

they changed the solos? in which song?

I've only listened to the Let it be album though.

The difference is really striking in the track "let it be".

the orignal has always wowed me when the instruments came in,
but the remastered one has the piano already taking up the centerpiece
of the song and the rest of the instruments as garnishes.
It didn't wow me
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by Momentosis
Where are you listening to them at?

Youtube isn't the place for quality music.

No, but what I wanted with something like THIS, which does a clear comparison between the two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJZ2be2gxE

EDIT: That video wasn't what I was after at all, I thought he might actually play the different waveforms.

I just got a part time job being in charge of chart CD's, and the Beatles have the top 5 spots this week.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Sep 14, 2009,
Quote by BrianApocalypse
No, but what I wanted with something like THIS, which does a clear comparison between the two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJZ2be2gxE

you have to listen to the song in full, not snippets of it.

Snippet-wise, the new remasters would sound much much better, because everything is so much more defined, yet in the context of the whole song (in my opinion) it doesn't enchance it much (and even detracts from some, but, like I said, maybe i'm just used to listening to the old versions).

listen to a full song for yourself, and see what you think.

I'd like to listen to the mono remasters though. I've never listened to a mono beatles recording.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by Laces Out Danny
you have to listen to the song in full, not snippets of it.

Snippet-wise, the new remasters would sound much much better, because everything is so much more defined, yet in the context of the whole song (in my opinion) it doesn't enchance it much (and even detracts from some, but, like I said, maybe i'm just used to listening to the old versions).

listen to a full song for yourself, and see what you think.

I'd like to listen to the mono remasters though. I've never listened to a mono beatles recording.

I just heard the remastered 'Let it be', and I agree with you. It's much fuller and crisper. You tend to notice the other instrumentation more (ie. this bit is over this verse etc etc, whereas before they would creep in and out) If you crank it, it's not impressive at all.

Playing (what I presume to be the '87 remaster) right now on my NS10's, there's a lot more power and soul behind it when cranked. At lower volumes there's a lack of presence, but it does cut through nicely when you play it louder.

I think my parents have the original vinyl too, which will obviously warrant a spin.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I just heard the remastered 'Let it be', and I agree with you. It's much fuller and crisper. You tend to notice the other instrumentation more (ie. this bit is over this verse etc etc, whereas before they would creep in and out) If you crank it, it's not impressive at all.

Playing (what I presume to be the '87 remaster) right now on my NS10's, there's a lot more power and soul behind it when cranked. At lower volumes there's a lack of presence, but it does cut through nicely when you play it louder.

I think my parents have the original vinyl too, which will obviously warrant a spin.

that's really cool man.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by Momentosis
The band needs to rerecord the tracks.

They ONLY have to revive the vocalist first, piece of cake! yeah!
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
i'm sure the remasters will be just as terrible as the originals... there isn't a lot people can do to fix that mess...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
I happen to like the beatles- they could brutally murder my dog and i'd still think they're all right.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by joshua029
i'm sure the remasters will be just as terrible as the originals... there isn't a lot people can do to fix that mess...

Sweet Troll Dude!!

But yeah i love the re-masters i had to go to every music store within a 10 mile radius just to find a damn copy of it but i got it and it rocks so hard