I know I said that I hate acoustic guitars but I bought another one does anyone know the year or model# of this kingston? The neck is kind of bowed but it doesn't affect play I know that there is no truss rod but is there anyway that I can fix this? I think it sounds great and for now I am happy with it. Also the case is in need of repair there is no handle and they are some rips and tears I found a thread that had some ways to fix it but is there a cheaper option? I took a good look at the bridge this time the only that strikes me as odd is. The two little white dots on each end of the bridge does anyone know why they are there? Are they there just for decoration or what?

Thanks

The white dots on the bridge likely conceal small through bolts or screws that hold the bridge to the face. I have an old "Global"guitar, 70' era japaneese made, that has a very similar looking bridge. Mine has small through bolts. Next time you have the strings off you can look inside, you may need a mirror if your hand doen't fit. The "G" and "B" strings need to be wound over the top of the tuning machines like the others anway.

Good luck!
Yamaha FG730S
Last edited by NC_Acoustic at Sep 14, 2009,
It definitely needs to be restrung. And is that Vaseline smeared around the bridge pins? Its gotta go if it is.
Last edited by LeftyDave at Sep 15, 2009,
The "steel reinforced neck" sticker almost surely means it has a truss rod. Did you look inside the sound hole at the neck block? Is there a slot for an allen wrench?
Quote by GC Shred Off
The "steel reinforced neck" sticker almost surely means it has a truss rod. Did you look inside the sound hole at the neck block? Is there a slot for an allen wrench?
Steel reinforced may mean just that. A rod inside the neck to help keep it straight. It doesn't mean there is a truss rod inside. Hopefully I am wrong and there is a hex key socket in the under the neck.

If you mean bowed as in excessive relief, then try using some low tension acoustic strings like Martin FX Flexicore strings, a lighter gauge, or both.

I have an old 3/4 scale Kingston from the very early 70's. If its anything like mine, you need to take a good look at the side of the fretboard. You will notice, there is none. The frets are pressed into a laminate or straight on to the neck itself. So be VERY careful if you plan on trying to straighten your neck.

If it were mine, I would leave it as is and enjoy it, or look for a decent used acoustic and retire the old girl.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77