So I'm gonna buy a new amp. But I don't know which one to get.. I want it to be 50 Watts (or 60 at most, or if it's expensive, it could be 30 Watts) with good distortion, and good for playing metal (I play death metal mostly). And, not more than 500$...
I want it to be with built in effects, and, if possible with a foot controller.

So which do you suggest..??

Oh by the way, I know that I posted this twice.. But I wanted to make it clearer in order to get better answers, because I wanna buy the amp in 2 days...

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by B4MV27 at Sep 14, 2009,
Have a look at this spider III it has lots of built in effects and a mesa boogie model!!!

or a used vetta?
Flextone or Vetta, or a Vypyr Tube?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
No Spiders or Vypyrs in that price range, unless there's tubes involved, and even then you can do better for the money. A Vetta or Flextone would be better.

Don't know about prices there, could you get a B52 AT112 and a POD or some multi-FX unit?
Quote by blind.quardian
Have a look at this spider III it has lots of built in effects and a mesa boogie model!!!

or a used vetta?

Dude... Spider III's are OLD :P
» Ibanez SZ520 + JB/Jazz
» Rocktron Rampage
» Vox ToneLab SE
» Laney LC15
if you're buying used you might get realllly lucky and get a peavey 5150/6505 combo. always go checking your local craigslist. if you're not sure, post the link and ask the the particular amp is "metal enough"

are you playing a show soon which is why you have to buy the amp in 2 days?
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
How do threads where the TC says something like... "i liek deth metul, want amp for >500$" go even one post without... Ampeg VH140c!

TC, check this amp out, look up demos, find a head/combo on ebay, click the bid button, bid to win, enjoy.

EDIT: Just read TC's post better, now I feel like an ass >_<

I instead rec a Vyper Tube of sometype, they're sick, and MatrixClaw endorses them!
Last edited by MadAudioMan at Sep 14, 2009,
Randall G3+ Series.

Peavey Vypyr Tube
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Well if you are real old school like Death or Suffocation, pick up a used Ampeg VH/SS. If your more into the melo/tech thing, try to find a 6505 combo, used.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
see if you can find a used 5150 or 6505 combo.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by ahsoo
Dude... Spider III's are OLD :P

YEA we should try the Spider IV its so much better because it is one more than the Spider III. Trust me this thing has the digibrootalz...
Last edited by blind.quardian at Sep 14, 2009,
You can pick up a Spider Valve 1x12 very easily for $500 on the used market.

http://instruments.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=spider+valve&_sacat=38072&_trksid=m270&_odkw=&_osacat=38072

The B-52 AT112 is a nice amp for metal.

Peavey Vypyr Tube is pretty decent.

Do you need to gig with the amp? If not, the Blackstar HT-5 is quite good, but will need a separate distortion pedal to reach Death Metal gain and tightness.

The Line6 Flextone III is a great amp for the money, but doesn't quite have the balls for Death Metal, imho.

You may be able to pick up a Bugera 6262 on the used market for that kind of cash.
I vote used 5150/6505 combo
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Used ENGL Fireball
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Guys he's asking for built in effects

used Vetta II?
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Sep 14, 2009,
Quote by sharpant
Used ENGL Fireball

Under $500 US?

And the Vypyr Tubes get my recommendation. I played and heard one of the SS Vypyrs today and it blew pretty much everything else I'd tried in the price range far out of the water.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by sharpant
Used ENGL Fireball

if he is in the US that would be impossible. USED Fireballs costs about 900+ from what ive seen
Quote by Mark G
used Vetta II?

possible but hard to find for $500 below

PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
if he is in the US that would be impossible. USED Fireballs costs about 900+ from what ive seen

possible but hard to find for $500 below

Hard, but not impossible. It would get my vote especially if you can get the footcontroller later.

WTLTL 2011
Ampeg VH140C.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
^You know, maybe he should get the Vh140c for the basic brutal tone, and then get some type of POD for effects?
I agree with used 5150/6505 combo, but they are f'n tanks, so I actually would recommend waiting and saving another $100, and getting the new 6505+ 1x12 combo that is coming out.
Did he ever even specify what kind of death metal?

What you could do, is get an Ampeg V-22, throw a modded metal zone or some **** in front of that.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."