ok pit, i have a quick question.
so i recive acording to my internet contract 1mb/s connection speed, but my top download speed is between 100-120 KB/s(Direct download and torents) is there anywhay i can make this faster.
You are free to do what we tell you.
its prob one megabit per second, which afaik works out at around 100kbps.

Its the same connection i have and they are the speeds i get
Quote by Finis
ok pit, i have a quick question.
so i recive acording to my internet contract 1mb/s connection speed, but my top download speed is between 200-220 KB/s(Direct download and torents) is there anywhay i can make this faster.

I made it faster for you.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

vist 4chan and download some stuff off there
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
For some reason, download speed is 1/10 of the total speed, I can't explain this, but that's just how it is.

For example, my internet speed is 100mb/s, but I can only download at 10mb/s ("only" being a relative term )
Shame about the 10gb limit though.
Enjoy jeppelapp responsibly.

Quote by In The Mist
If you led your life by the pit's advice, you would be in prison on multiple charges of rape.
Quote by jeppelapp
For some reason, download speed is 1/10 of the total speed, I can't explain this, but that's just how it is.

For example, my internet speed is 100mb/s, but I can only download at 10mb/s ("only" being a relative term )

You have those speeds BUT you have a limit? That's crazy! Usually if you're getting uber-fast connections they expand the cap or remove it.
Quote by jeppelapp

lol that is serious fail, you can use up your monthly dl limit in under 20 mins
Quote by jeppelapp

It's 1/8, not 1/10, because 1 byte is formed with 8 bits. ISPs sell connections in megaBIT per second, while the download is in megaBYTE per seconds. That's why.
Quote by Poglia
It's 1/8, not 1/10, because 1 byte is formed with 8 bits. ISPs sell connections in megaBIT per second, while the download is in megaBYTE per seconds. That's why.

this.

and damn beat me to it
Grooving to the Music

Skydiving Fund: R 50.00/ R 1600.00

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

The Dalai Lama
Quote by jeppelapp

haha you serious? i have a 60gb limit and i though that was tough, but with those speeds that makes it essentially pointless.
haha... your high speed internets are limited... thats funny to me...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Mine is meant to be a high speed & unlimited connection, but Virgin Media are Nazis.

Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by Fleabag
Mine is meant to be a high speed & unlimited connection, but Virgin Media are Nazis.

I was with them for two years and I kept getting capped because unlimited to them means 50GB a month download and if you go beyond that, they cap you to 75% of your speed.

I really hated them.

I am with Be broadband and I am consistenty downloading at 1.6 MB/s. I get 16 Mbs up and 1.8Mbs down. I consistently upload at 160Kbs.

Be Broadband is the best broadband company Ive been with.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!