How are the MArshall AVT amps?
Any good for alternative rock/punk/hard rock/metal?
They are okayish amps, but for the money you can get something a lot lot better.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I have one and i must say it is okay,but i got it with a HUGE discount.
you can play some rock and punk and it will sound good , but it lacks a little in distortion, and for price i think you can get something better
Quote by KirbyzShadow
I have one and i must say it is okay,but i got it with a HUGE discount.
you can play some rock and punk and it will sound good , but it lacks a little in distortion, and for price i think you can get something better

I'd have to agree. I have the AVT50 and i believe its a decent sounding amp for a solid state but does lack in the distortion area, i'd consider buying a dist pedal if you take my word on the distortion.
Quote by burningcrusade
I'd have to agree. I have the AVT50 and i believe its a decent sounding amp for a solid state but does lack in the distortion area, i'd consider buying a dist pedal if you take my word on the distortion.

My friend has one and it sounds ace. It has plenty of distorsion and sound even better with some form of pedal and should play all of those different genres. If u play the heaviest distorted songs and dont have an OD then there isnt much point getting this amp.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
It's good for crunch, but doesn't handle metal well and the cleans are mediocre imo - they were pretty overpriced, but if you can get a used one for cheap, it's probably worth it if you just want some crunch tones and don't care about the rest. It's also tricky to dial in right.