Whats the best way to take corners quickly? Im going on a racing car day with my mates and wondering for tight corners if its best to slow down quickly, then tap the break touch the striped board thing then try to make it to the other side asap and touch the other striped board.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I usually tap the R button to hop when taking sharp corners.

you dont know then i take it
in slow, fast out
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Come off the gas leading up to the bend and then gun it out of the apex.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
play a game like gran turismo. Go the licences part, and it will give examples of corners, and the correct line to take. Then apply this IRL.
Quote by soulflyV
Just like stabbing a hooker.

This man knows what he's talking about.

Just like driving a hooker.

yeah. just play grand theft auto and apply it IRL
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
It depends on the angle of the turn and the width of the road. Don't try to drift any corners.

When approaching a turn, be near the left of the road, and make sure when entering a turn, you slow down to a good speed (I like to judge it by the turn). Then, turn sharply, but smoothly towards the exit of the turn, and once you're fully into the turn, accelerate.

If you have a RWD car, be very careful not to accelerate too hard, as you can easily oversteer, and spin out. If you have a FWD or AWD, then you will need to slow down a little more, as you can more easily understeer, and send your car straight into a wall.

Judging by the turn, if it's a sharp turn, slow down to about 30-70 mph, depending on the conditions. If you have a lot of traction and room, take it up to about 20 mph below your speed. If you don't have a lot of traction (e.g. raining) then slow it down to about 30.

If it's an easier turn, go ahead and go straight through, but remember, hug the left side, then the right side, try to keep your racing line as smooth as possible.

Another clue is to look at tire tracks, and try to keep yourself inline with those. Those are good reminders for racing lines.

Safety, not winning, is your number one concern, remember that.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
ease off the gas, change gear if needed hit the rumble strip and try hit the next one then straighten up and accelerate
Quote by Ed Hunter
Come off the gas leading up to the bend and then gun it out of the apex.

Do this ^^^^^^

and drive here

Forgot to add lol, you are turning left in this case. If you were turning right you would obviously just flip the drawing.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Last edited by Jacoiskoby at Sep 14, 2009,

nice drawing.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Just clutch down it round all the corners...

I do this IRL and I've never crashed once.

I've hit corners at 50-60mph and I've got a 106...
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by jimmy_neutron
play a game like gran turismo. Go the licences part, and it will give examples of corners, and the correct line to take. Then apply this IRL.

this. probably closest thing to real life i've ever played
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
Trail braking is the quickest way to take corners. Trail braking is when you are still braking into the corner. So you brake the latest you can on the straight and into the corner. Once you are off the brakes, you are on the gas again. The other alternative is straight line braking. Straight line braking is just braking on the straight, roll through the corner, and onto the gas off the corner. For this style, the slow in and fast out is applied. Trail braking is fast in and fast out.
Last edited by Guitar Guy21 at Sep 14, 2009,
Don't accelerate through corners, hit it just as you come out and be gentle with the breaks
Alot of it depends on the vehicles and track style.

So what kind of track and vehicles are you using?
epic7734
Remember to separate braking and turning.
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic