Is nintendocore metal or hardcore?

like, ghengis tron and powerglove.

....lol
Schecter flying tiger, Boss ME-20, zakk wylde micro stack

Currently listening to: Bonded by blood (vengeance), Municipal Waste (shredded offering), Gama Bomb (last ninjas unite)
i can't believe some of the retarded threads that STILL get started here
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Considering it has a -core suffix, I'm gonna say hardcore. Not that I've heard either band, but I don't particlarly want to, considering the bullshit genre they're grouped under.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Ghengis Tron are definitely Hardcore. Powerglove I'm not so sure about. I'd put them in metal, but I'm not too sure.
Check out my Electronica project!
http://
there's a band that uses old nintendo sounds in their music.
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
is dragonforce nintendocore??
Schecter flying tiger, Boss ME-20, zakk wylde micro stack

Currently listening to: Bonded by blood (vengeance), Municipal Waste (shredded offering), Gama Bomb (last ninjas unite)
Powerglove are power metal.

Stop with stupid bull**** genres please.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Stuff like Horse the Band, 100deadrabbits, IAMERROR, Insert Disk, and Sky Eats Airplane are some pretty good ones.

Also, from Wiki:
Nintendocore (also known as NEScore) is a subgenre of music inspired by metalcore music
So I guess it's more hardcore than metal.
Last edited by icaneatcatfood at Sep 14, 2009,
Quote by MustangMan311
If there was ever a band to ever be called Nintendocore, it's HORSE the Band.

But that doesn't mean you should call them that. Nintendocore is not a genre. Please, don't let this go any farther.
/thread

also of note is that they don't really do the 8bit-ey sound anymore
Quote by TakeoutheTHRASH
is dragonforce nintendocore??

NO

DragonForce are considered Power Metal, they have 80s video game influenced, but nintendo wasn't alone in the 80s.

They have maybe nintendo sound in maybe 2-5 seconds in two songs, that doesn't mean they're nintendo core at all.

Ignorance never dies.
Nintendocore is just used to describe any band using that type of keyboard sound, they can be metal or not since its not specific.
Powerglove are just instrumental power metal, based on well known themes from video games.

I wouldnt mind the term nintendocore, if infact the bands used nintendo's to make music, or even, to a much lesser degree, sang about them.
Is making songs with Mario Paint Composer considered Nintendocore, then?

In that case, I am a Nintendocore composer

/bow

check out my masterpiece at the start of first song in playa! myspace.com/importantdad
Genghis Tron is not "nintendocore". Nintendocore is that stupid **** all the myspace-kids do with their pirated versions of FL Studio and inhaled screams.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Just for the record, some artists do use Game Boy chips with patches to make music. I believe this is normally techno or shoegaze (Is that the right genre?), like the Depreciation Guild. However, there are no Nintendo themes in their music. They're just using the sound chips from the Game Boy.

And yeah, Lappo's right. HORSE the Band is moving away from video game references and into just using the synth, even. There's only one video game related sample out of the entirety of the new album, and I'm not sure that there even a single one on A Natural Death.
Sabrepulse is incredible. I'm quite the chiptune fan personally, though so-called "Nitendocore" does nothing for me.