I know that Mr Frusciante uses an Ibanez WH-10 wah, but I'm not bothering trying to find one. Can any recommend a wah pedal which is able to pull off his type of stuff with having me to burn a gigantic hole in my pocket?
not an original crybaby that's for sure.
try the crybaby 535q.
also, the buddha budwah, and the fulltone clyde standard/deluxe.
strat player forever.
If you can wait, I think it's maybe October, the WH10 is being reissued. It really would be your best bet.
Yeah get the reissue. I would reccomend the Wilson ten-spot II but thats probably over budget.
Quote by aaronni
If you can wait, I think it's maybe October, the WH10 is being reissued. It really would be your best bet.

I'll be willing wait ive got some money at the moment but I'll see what the reissue is like first. Thanks.

EDIT:

Another thing, what about morley or vox wahs? Would they be any good?
Last edited by RHCP_Nirvana_FF at Sep 14, 2009,
Ibanez WH-10 Reissue or a Wilson Effects Ten Spot II
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by RHCP_Nirvana_FF
I'll be willing wait ive got some money at the moment but I'll see what the reissue is like first. Thanks.

EDIT:

Another thing, what about morley or vox wahs? Would they be any good?

morely wahs are really ment for higher gain stuff like metallica. the vox wah is very good for frusicate styles. but i must warn you the vox will sound very muddy with distortion
Last edited by Supersonic64 at Sep 14, 2009,
Maybe look at the Crybaby From Hell? I really like mine, I went with it because of how you can tweak everything about it. I would think you could make it sound the way you want.
Fender USA Stratocaster HSS
Schecter C-1 FR Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 321mh
Fender Squier Strat
Bugera V22
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100
Line 412 cab V 30's
I'd wait to find out how the WH-10 reissue is, if not, then I'd go for the Dunlop 535Q, you'll need something good at cleans and high gain stuff, I have one myself and can comfortably achieve a decent Frusciante wah sound.
http://www.wilsoneffects.com/TenSpotII.html
This.

I've owned mine for about 8 months now, and was lucky enough to try it A/B'ed against a WH10 and it was indistinguishable.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Ibanez has been really good about their reissues sounding really good....well not the soundtank line but hahaha
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think