I'd like to put some sort of locking strap/strap lock system on my Telecaster but I'm not sure what to get. I'd like to just use one strap for all of my guitars but I don't mind equipping them all with strap locks. I just want whatever holds the strap on better so my guitar won't fall off while I'm jumping around. I'd like to spend under $50 for this.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Have you tried the 'Grolsch trick'? Get the washer off a swingtop bottle of Grolsch:

Though any other suitably sized rubber washer will do.

Stretch over strap pin like so:

The pic above is from my main guitar; I've been using the same washers for three years without a hitch.

Total cost per guitar is about £4/$5, but that includes two bottles of beer too
There's a clubnear me that sells them at £1 a bottle. Last time I went there for a drink, I asked our drummer to go find a few from empty bottles and other peoples' drinks - he came back with enough for about 20 guitars!
Last edited by kyle62 at Sep 14, 2009,
i have used both locking mounts and locking straps. I have found that both offer pros and cons:
Locking Straps - mostly do a pretty good job of holding onto the guitar - however, the ones I've used (Straploc) take a little extra time when putting it on the guitar. Also, if the locking mechanism is plastic - it tends to rub the finish off of the guitar at the post.

Locking mounts - also pretty good, easier to switch another guitar - provided the other guitar has the same thing. I have seen these slip or break (especially when they first came out).

I use three guitars during a gig - all three have their own strap; this is just easier for me to change guitars mid-show. Only one is locking.
cws92
Just get some ProLine strap locks. Not that expensive at all.
I have a locking strap, I think it is planet waves. I love it, it locks on easily and will not, under any circumstances, come off. Also it has rubber around the locks so they don't rub off onto the finish.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
I have a locking strap, I think it is planet waves. I love it, it locks on easily and will not, under any circumstances, come off. Also it has rubber around the locks so they don't rub off onto the finish.

I almost ordered one of those, but I read someone saying that they were uncomfortable and awkward due to the strap ends being solid and sticking out from the guitar rather than adjusting like a normal strap. Is yours comfortable?
Fender USA Stratocaster HSS
Schecter C-1 FR Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 321mh
Fender Squier Strat
Bugera V22
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100
Line 412 cab V 30's
Quote by JMeasles
I almost ordered one of those, but I read someone saying that they were uncomfortable and awkward due to the strap ends being solid and sticking out from the guitar rather than adjusting like a normal strap. Is yours comfortable?

They are a little bit, and the locking mechanism breaks pretty easily.

Really, the easiest way to 'lock' a strap is to physically block the strap from getting over the guitar's strap pin. The rubber washer 'Grolsch' idea I always post is an easy approach, but almost anything will work. There's no need to go spending a fortune on fancy systems when in my case, ghetto solutions like a few turns of guitar string, or a tight rubber band around the strap pin, have worked perfectly for many months.
Well I ended up doing a "Ghetto" Trick. I didn't have any Grolsch caps so I used the neck best thing, Caps from water jugs I reamed out holes in the middle of them and stretched them over the strap pin ends, It seems to have helped a bit. Thanks!
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.