hi, i recently bought a fender classic player 60s strat. Since day 1 i have had fret buzz at the first and second fret.

At first i thought it was the saddles, so i raised them but to no avail, i tried a lighter string gauge which didnt fix the problem, then i noiced a slight concave in the neck.
This lead me to believe its a truss rod issue, is this assumption correct?

a possible issue is there is no access to the nut at the headstock NOR on the back, problematic?

thanks in advance
look in the set up sticky that jj165 done on the EG forum page, at the top

the neck is suppose to have a concave bow.

it could just need a shim under the nut, and if you remove the strings you will have access to the nut.
the truss rod adjuster is at the heel of the neck were the guitar meets the body
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by steve!
the truss rod adjuster is at the heel of the neck were the guitar meets the body

i was referring to the nut(what the strings pass through at the head of the guitar)which is what i thought you were talking about not the truss rod 'nut'.

if you can`t refer to guitar parts properly let a tech sort your guitar out, cos i can see this being a right royal balls up
Quote by ibanezgod1973
i was referring to the nut(what the strings pass through at the head of the guitar)which is what i thought you were talking about not the truss rod 'nut'.

if you can`t refer to guitar parts properly let a tech sort your guitar out, cos i can see this being a right royal balls up

ahh, i phrased it poorly yes the adjustment nut for the truss rod is at the base of the neck on this model, just checked.

I forgot about the nut being an issue, which was stupid as i did exactly that on my previous guitar which fixed the problem.
Last edited by Adamtbh at Sep 14, 2009,