So I just bought a Palmer guitar off of a friend for $200. It was a 1961 ES-335 copy. Here's a few pictures of it:

Basically I'm short on cash right now and I'm in a debate. I don't have a good amp at all so I'm thinking of selling the guitar back to him and saving up for a Fender Telecaster and a good amp. But I need to know if I'd be passing up on a good deal with this Palmer or not. I haven't been able to find much info on it and it plays fairly well but not as good as I'd anticipated. Any help UG?
I saw that one and that was what initially lead me to accepting his offer to sell it but I'm trying to see if anybody knows anything more about it. I'm probably going to have to replace a volume knob and input jack so far and that's all I know from my first set of playing around with it.
Quote by lespaulsg09
I saw that one and that was what initially lead me to accepting his offer to sell it but I'm trying to see if anybody knows anything more about it. I'm probably going to have to replace a volume knob and input jack so far and that's all I know from my first set of playing around with it.

the reviews gibe a little information
it seems liek a good guitar
a bargin for what u paid
so just fix it and set it up properly it should serve u well
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Well, for one thing...

The $200 you get for selling it back to your friend (if he gives you that much back) won't put much of a dent into your purchase of a "Fender Telecaster and a good amp"

I'd say keep it, and keep saving..

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
I'd keep it but if you want to sell it, sell it after you've saved up most of your new guitar and amp fund.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
I say keep it, it sure is purdy...

Or if you want, I will give you $200 for it in a flash =)

Gear

Tokai FA70 (My Korean ES-175)

Amplitube

Artisan 30 fund: £50/£1200