i got a cheap strat clone and want to upgrade it instead of getting a new one. i like the feel of it and i dont want to have to get used to another guitar. is it possible to put in pickups that were made for the strat such as seymore duncan hot rails or mini humbuckers?
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
why wouldn't it be?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
is it possible, yes it is, is it worth it? thats for you to decide. After ading up the cost it may just work out cheaper for you to get a "better"guitar? but like I said, thats entirely up to you, if you like it and feel it warrants an upgrade and you'll have a banging guitar, then go for it
my only issue with my guitar is i prefer the sound of humbuckers over single coils otherwise i love it and wouldnt give it up
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Quote by summerson1
my only issue with my guitar is i prefer the sound of humbuckers over single coils otherwise i love it and wouldnt give it up

oh, you didn't specify what kind of guitar you had and what kind of pickups you wanted. They make Triple Single Coil stratocasters and HSS stratocasters.

If you have an SSS and you want to put a humbucker in it, just get a stacked pickups, which is a humbucker in a single coil casing.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
are they like mini humbuckers?
Quote by Bass First
How good is your guitar? Is it like in the very cheap range or the intermediate? If it is in the cheap starter range, just replace it, it isn't that hard to get used to a new guitar, my first guitar was a very cheap strat copy, then an Epiphone les Paul, then an Epiphone Dot and it only took me a couple of days to get used to them.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Quote by summerson1
are they like mini humbuckers?

Erm, sort of.

THIS is a mini-humbucker:

What you need is a single coil sized humbucker.

Try Seymour Duncan:

Or Dimarzio:

Both are relatively low cost, high quality brands that offer these.
Hey, a great place to check out would be the gear customization thread Just a tip

Good luck tone hunting!
Gear

Fender Lite Ash Tele

Satellite 65/T

Yamaha RBX375