I dunno...show me some cool guitar woodgrain.

Be it flaming koa top:

A simple, plain maple top:

orrrrr something like this crazy ass brazilian rosewood topped guitar:

Last edited by TommyT5 at Sep 15, 2009,
The nicest grain I have ever seen was from this custom eclipse, over at Bmusic forums

ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Thats a dam sexy quilt...but i would rather put black tone n volume knobs on it rather than the transparent ones...
I'm still pretty much in love with the "Swimming Pool" Quilt on my Music Man Axis Super Sport

A better close up

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Sep 14, 2009,
I always thought the swirled ebony on my two Prestiges kicked some serious ass. You be the judge.

Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
And I wish I could get a better picture of how intense the flame is on my LP, but here's the best I've gotten so far (it does it NO justice whatsoever...):

Quote by LifeIsABullet16

That is one sick fretboard. What kind of guitar is that?
I know the finish isn't that fancy but I love it.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
That blue LP is amazing. I'm in love <3
Laura: Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Sam: Samick Stratocaster Copy (first guitar)
----
Marshall MG250DFX
----
Boss SD-1
Onerr Super Distortion

Aw, hell yes.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by PSM
I always thought the swirled ebony on my two Prestiges kicked some serious ass. You be the judge.

Daaam...thats....hypnotizing...
Quote by PSM
And I wish I could get a better picture of how intense the flame is on my LP, but here's the best I've gotten so far (it does it NO justice whatsoever...):

I really like the colour

Gimme it...

Lacewood. I'm using it on my Firebird custom build, but I'm going to give it a stained red finish.
Last edited by Baby Joel at Sep 16, 2009,
i only see one picture in the initial post?

edit: nevermind they loaded when the page refreshed after i posted.

i'll upload a pic if i manage to finish my superstrat project guitar nicely :P (basically a body transplant on an ibanez rg350)
Last edited by Bigsteve92 at Sep 16, 2009,
Ooooh. Haven't seen any lacewood pics for a while, they look dam awesome.
And I cant wait to see that superstrat
Too many pics to post... but the Dirty 100 PRS models are the best flame I've ever seen in my life... the case is just as nice. I got to try out #27. Sick guitar it is.

I've always thought this Conklin was extremely interesting...

If anyone finds a nicer looking chunk of mahogany than my Schecter I'll give you a hug.

It glows under bright light (pre sanding and oiling)
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
That first one is crazy! The fingerboard is kinda cool but I dont like that top...it creeps me out some how..
Quote by TommyT5
That first one is crazy! The fingerboard is kinda cool but I dont like that top...it creeps me out some how..

You either like it or hate it. I love how raw it looks... the guys at conklin were worried about the durability. I think they said they jumped on the wood like a trampoline first for good measure.

I've always wanted a guitar with the bark still on it. Don't think it's too feasible though.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
My Dk2 after I sanded and stained it, it was red. Sorry no good camera, but it looks really nice in person.
Quote by PSM
*BIG SWIRLY PICTURES*

I've always wondered how they get that. Is that a natural pattern in the wood? That guitar is the only place I've ever seen that pattern.