Repost, because I posted in the wrong forum before. I apologize...

Quote by retinaburn
Hi!

I just moved six hours away from home. Almost all my friends at home are musicians, but I was always so intimidated by them since I didn't have the experience with writing. Now that I am away from them a bit, I want to take this chance to get better and maybe have something to show them/more confidence so I can collaborate with them on a project or something.

I've never written a song before but I want to start writing. I have some ideas I brainstormed through a freewrite sesh so I have a lot of random phrases and things that I could maybe take somewhere but I really don't know where to start.

Yes I understand the basic format of a song, verses chorus bridge etc, but I am looking for some help with putting it all together (creating a piece out of the words and my thoughts instead of just jumble, adding a melody and chords and vocal patterns etc).

If anyone would like to email me (or post in this thread, that would work as well) I am just looking for guidance from experienced writers (or not) so that maybe I can make up a song. Be my mentor!