I have been longing for one of these for a loooong time now. Finally the opportunity presented itself financially to go ahead and get one. It may not be vintage, it may not be boutique, and it may not be the most expensive pedal out there, but I shall present to you:

The Maxon OD9 Overdrive. Made in Japan. True Bypass (probably my favorite thing about it), great sound. I'm using this pedal is a boost. Its going to be on all the time and Im probably going to use it with the settings in the photo. More of an amp boost rather than using the pedal overdrive as a boost. It definitely tightens everything up. I upgraded to this from an SD-1. A pretty good upgrade I think. Any other OD9 owners on here?
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
not that exciting but HNPD!

PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Nice!!! HNPD
Thanks guys! I agree, its not the most exciting pedal in the world. But I've wanted one for a really long time, so Im just excited to finally get it. Its almost like a new guitar for me!
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
**** that expensive pedal crap, you got a good tone machine(the maxon is expensive enough though, damn). that is always more points than the price imo... and that little maxon is going to be one bad ass od pedal. you most likely will never want to get rid of it. so what is cooler, the green pedal that will always be on your board or the HOG that only makes it out occasionally?

i hope it makes you as happy as my addrock nsoy made me.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Sep 14, 2009,
Amen to that man! You're right, as long as it sounds good I dont care how much it costs. I got a $40 signal booster, and its awesome! The maxon is an expensive pedal unfortunately,but as I said, it will be on 100% of the time. So i'll definitely my monies worth of out it. I wish I could really see how this pedal really shines but my dad is home sick for the first time in probably 10 years, so I'll have to wait until later.
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Your favorite part of it is when it's turned off?
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
nice dude
\
just something i never understood, is this like a TS9 clone?? cos it looks a lot like it
i know its a n00b question but i don't know sh!t about pedals
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by soloXshredder
nice dude
\
just something i never understood, is this like a TS9 clone?? cos it looks a lot like it
i know its a n00b question but i don't know sh!t about pedals

no, it is made to be more like the original than the ts-9. the ts9 is more likely a modern mass produced crappier version of the ts808. maxon makes a version of the tubescreamer that is much more true to it's original 70's form.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I love how you say that you like it best when it isn't on.

HNPD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Haha, yeah I guess I didnt think about it before I typed. I have a few parts in my songs where I switch to clean. Very breif parts (can be heard on my profile). Not more than 1 minute probably, but the sd-1 I used bled through even when it wasnt on. So although I wasnt getting the overdrive sound when it was off, I still got kind of a gritty trebley sound which I hated. So although its not often, I do like the fact it doesnt add anything. Overall, its just got a better sound than the sd-1. But for $100 more I should hope it would! haha
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100