I recently picked up Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar and he goes over the CAGED method and I totally get lost it does not make any sense can someone please help me understand what is going on? thanks
Quote by WeAreTheStrange
I recently picked up Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar and he goes over the CAGED method and I totally get lost it does not make any sense can someone please help me understand what is going on? thanks

google caged..... 1st link =

http://www.cagedguitarsystem.net/

* actually its the 2nd link
shred is gaudy music
Quote by WeAreTheStrange

I am not sure about the one Guthrie puts out but go to truefire.com and look up Caged Cracked by Brad Carlson. He puts out a lesson also but you do not have to buy it to get some of the basics because they allow you to view the first I think eight lessons. You can get a lot of basic stuff from these and they may help you understand the program you already have.  Steve Stine puts a lesson out also but very expensive.  His is now $99. Used to be $67. Wait for a sale before you buy that one. The one at Truefire is only around $29 and I think is probably just as good. Hope this helps.
Quote by frank_o
I am not sure about the one Guthrie puts out but go to truefire.com and look up Caged Cracked by Brad Carlson. He puts out a lesson also but you do not have to buy it to get some of the basics because they allow you to view the first I think eight lessons. You can get a lot of basic stuff from these and they may help you understand the program you already have.  Steve Stine puts a lesson out also but very expensive.  His is now $99. Used to be $67. Wait for a sale before you buy that one. The one at Truefire is only around $29 and I think is probably just as good. Hope this helps.

8 years later he probably either figured it out, stopped caring, or died.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.