I have this epi for about a year now and he frets are beginning to show wear mostly around the g-string, The pics focus on the most worn frets and the rest of the frets are not as badly worn as those that you see. Do you guys think that it is time for a redress? A friend of mine has told me that not yet because for him a typical redress takes him about 5 years of playing. There aren't any intonation issues and bends and single notes sound good right now, there are no problems... so what do you guys think? how many of you guys have had a redress and/or a refret and how long did it take for you guys to get to the point of doing a fret job?

is it just me, or am i not seeing anything?

EDIT: but if it's not a problem, why fix it?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I'd say the frets still look pretty good.

Howerver, I dare say the fretboard looks like it could use some TLC..(could just be the pictrues, bad lighting or something).

Lemon Oil is your friend, next string change..

And agreeing with Randomhero...if you can't notice any problems, don't do anything..
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You'll know when it's time...

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Sep 14, 2009,
Dude, I got them on my guitar after about a month of playing, it's just wear it's worn it down a tiny bit to like a mirror finish.

Don't worry.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
you may just want to recrown them, they have some good and cheap tools and Stewmac
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
There's barely anything wrong with them, so long as you don't have any issues with them, just leave it.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
They look fine.

Fret not...no pun intended.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ