Well, I don't have the fund until I sell the Bandit in my sig, but I am in the need for a dedicated delay. It needs to have true-bypass, no exceptions. It must be digital as I will use it mainly for my tapping (I like to tap ). Tap tempo would be really really nice also, and preferably one thats easy/fast to use.

The delay pedal I have my eyes on is the Digitech Hardwire DL-8, but it doesn't have tap tempo (or else I think it would be perfect).

Any help?

Budget around $200, want to go used. It will be used for fairly intense leads, in the style of death/thrash I guess.

Will be gigging within the year (drummer training!), so tap tempo would be great.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Throw 50 more bucks on there and you can get the T.C. Electronics Nova Delay or Line 6 DL-4. Or you can get the T.C. Electronics Nova Repeater for like $170 I think.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Throw 50 more bucks on there and you can get the T.C. Electronics Nova Delay or Line 6 DL-4. Or you can get the T.C. Electronics Nova Repeater for like $170 I think.
the nova delay has a weird function where it actually knows your tempo....I don't like the idea of that, at all.

That Line 6 looks cool, and the tap-tempo has its own switch, which is something I would really appreciate, and the 14 second loop would be very fun. Has anyone personally owned it?

I don't like buffered bypass because my Boss told me so. Would the Line 6 have a better buffer or something? I have only tried the Spider and the Pod. If it has delay like the Pod, then that would be neat.

Edit: The line 6 has true bypass, so yeah, i am about 50% Line 6, 30% Hardwire, and 20% Nova

You guys don't like the hardwire delay?
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Sep 14, 2009,
Quote by nightraven
you can't run a whole chain without a buffer :\

I'm not really a "chain" kinda guy? Just a couple of pedals, delay compression and noise gate.

I'm keeping the Boss though, mainly cause it's so easy to use that anyone that wants to have a jam session with me can just dial in a tone ya know?
errrrrrrrr
the hardwire has a tap tempo. hold the pedal for 2 seconds and voila, you can set the tap. it's also got a looper, and if i recall correctly, it's longer than the DL4's.
i am going to buy the tc electronics nova repeater as soon as my local store receives it, it's an amazing pedal. i haven't tried the line 6 dl4 yet but it sounded great to me. you can also look at the vox time machine, it's a great one.
Quote by Darkflame
the hardwire has a tap tempo. hold the pedal for 2 seconds and voila, you can set the tap.

I don't exactly always have 2 seconds. If I understand the Line 6, it has a button totally dedicated to tap temp, right? If so, that is my next purchase.
Why don't you like the idea of the pedal knowing your tempo? I mean, if it has tap tempo, it is gonna know the tempo at which you set it at.... And by "knowing" the tempo, do you mean it displays the BPM or time in milliseconds? How is that a bad thing? I love that function.

And the Nova has its own separate tap tempo switch so no 2 second wait. But no looper.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Why don't you like the idea of the pedal knowing your tempo? I mean, if it has tap tempo, it is gonna know the tempo at which you set it at.... And by "knowing" the tempo, do you mean it displays the BPM or time in milliseconds? How is that a bad thing? I love that function.

And the Nova has its own separate tap tempo switch so no 2 second wait. But no looper.

I guess if it has both the ability to read your notes AND tap tempo, its not such a bad thing.

Now I was going back to the site to look at the Line 6 DL4, and saw the Echo Park. Quite a bit cheaper and all i really need is a digital delay with great tap tempo functions, which it seems to have the ability to come back as triplets if you want them to (weird). How is the buffering on the Line 6 pedals, 'cause DL4 is true bypass. I do not have long pedal chains.