I have around 700-800 usd to spend of a new guitar.Im thinking about a Esp or a Ibanez mabe even a dbz.I play metal anything from metallica and megadeth to Children of bodom.Basicly anything from thrash to death metal.

I need to have a floyd and 24 frets with a thin neck.I can get different pups if need be so im not worried about that.I was thinking about a Esp horrizon or a ibanez xmphos or how ever you spell it.What do yall think?

Edit: I cann add a little bit more cash if need be.
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Last edited by Sicon at Sep 14, 2009,
You don't need a floyd rose it can be a lot of hassle and at times just a pure inconvenience
if I was playing songs with extreme divebombs, I'd find it hard to do without a tremolo don't ya think? If he says he needs one then he does.
I know how to use a flyod and never have problems with them.Its just something I want because I like them and most of the stuff I play I need one.
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Ibanez of some sort, have a look around there stuff or also look at Schecters. If you want some more classic metal tones maybe even look into a Gibson Explorer or a Jackson RRV.
Iv already had a schecter and the comstomer service I recieaved was horribul and I just didnt like the feel.Iv really been looking at the Ibanez Xiphos ( the seven string or the 27 fret I do not know) or mabe a S Im not sure.
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
BC Rich ASM Pro
Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe
ESP Horizon - can you afford this or are you meaning the LTD
ESP M-II - if you can afford otherwise the LTD M-1000 is good
check out some high B.C. Rich guitars. Very well priced and made, but they tend to be fairly heavy is their downside (in theory the heavier the guitar body wood the better tone tho). Also you dont have to get a wacko shape, they make standard shapes such as the assassin.

B.C. Rich necks are, in my opinion and many people i know, the best. They are equivelent in size/shape as a wizard II but for some reason play easier (they also almost always have 24 jumbo or extra jumbo frets aswell.)
Quote by azn_guitarist25
BC Rich ASM Pro
Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe
ESP Horizon - can you afford this or are you meaning the LTD
ESP M-II - if you can afford otherwise the LTD M-1000 is good

This.
The one I played was as good as anything out there.
Tons of good deals on Harmony Central and Sevenstring.org.
Don't touch the Ibanez Xiphos.
The trem on it WILL give you hasstle even if you're used to a floyd (not just jumping onto a "NUH EDGE III" bandwagon here, experiance.).
I'd suggest, if they're still around, the Washburn X50 (they do ones with a trem still right?)
The new BC Rich guitars.
And LTD 400 series (any model, they're all essentially the same spec wise)

It's been a while since I've scoped the market for metal guitars so my info may be rusty.