Hi

I'd like to hear different opinions about the following guitars:

-->Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer. Check it here and the according information

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?...ollectionID=18

-->Ibanez RG350 EX. Information and so below

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG350EX

--> Epiphone LP Standard Plain-Top (The mid-range LP from epi, around 500$/500&euro

http://www.squidoo.com/Epi_Les_Paul_Std_Honey

So basically I'd like to hear what you have to say about these guitars. Which would be the best for trash metal/heavy metal/ hard rock/ rock ? I'm considering in buying one, would buy anyone? would you then change anything (like add EMG pickup's)?
Looking forward to hear from you
Rui
None.
The Epiphones are very hit and miss, and the Ibanez is a really bad value (trem sucks, pickups are mediocre).
If anything, an Ibanez S series or a Mid range ESP LTD is what you're looking for.

Also, EMG's=/=the greatest pickups ever.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
My opinion is to stay away from Epiphones. You can get better quality guitars for the same price (Agile, ltd etc...). So generally I'd say the Ibanez if you are hell bent on one of those 3. If not, keep looking around.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
nope, it doesn't necessarily needs to be one of those 3. Those are just some i've already seen.
Quote by RuiGuitar
nope, it doesn't necessarily needs to be one of those 3. Those are just some i've already seen.

Ok, then it would be helpful if you tell me your:
Budget
favourite bands
Favoured body style
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
My budget goes around 400~500€ ( I'm from Portugal, but it is pretty much the same as 400/500 dollars). My favorite bands are Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Guns n' Roses, Black Label Society, System of a Down, etc. As for the body style, anything would go as long as i get what i pay for.
Last edited by RuiGuitar at Sep 14, 2009,
If you want what you pay for, then LTDs are a good choice. I payed 450 for my f-250 back in 05 i think, and it's still going strong. I threw in some active pickups and it still does its job.
If you have an ESP dealer near you, I'd suggest going and trying them out. If you dont (I'm oblivious about guitar stores in portugal) then just look on the esp site and check which guitars have the specs you like the most.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by BobDetroit
Hmm, ok thanks, i'll see what I can do and what I find .
Wouldn't a Schecter also do the job?
And what's so bad about the epi LP I mentioned? Just asking because I've seen a Gibson LP vs Epi LP video, and the guy said the mid-range epi LP were a really opportunity bearing in mind the price. Just asking though .

Here's the video btw : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTzdcOcpyuE&feature=fvst
Epi vs gibson is VERY hit and miss. The epis are made from cheaper woods and parts, and lesser craftsmanship. But the again, Gibson is going down the drain with craftsmanship too lately. Schecters are also a good choice. If you do go for a schecter, try and find a used one though if you are open to buying used that is. The reason I've been pushing you to LTD is because I personally have never had a bad experience with their guitars quality wise, and they are affordable.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by BobDetroit
because chances are you can find a used hellraiser or blackjack for 400-500
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by BobDetroit
Ok, thanks for the help guys

Edit: Also I asked about the schecter because it's kinda hard to find esp's here as it is easier to find schecters and also the nearest dealer has a lot of corts but I have no idea about those.
Last edited by RuiGuitar at Sep 15, 2009,
Quote by greendayispunk
les paul!

Now i'm getting confused about the les paul, has got a lot of really different opinions