I have a ibanez RGA121 that a bought off a guy who switched both humbuckers. In the neck, theres a gibson pickup but i dont know which one exactly. It has a 5 way pickup selector and the 1st and 2nd (going by 1st being most upright) sound exactly the same. Its a very warm and bassy tone but i do miss the crisper sound on my strat knockoff. is there a way i can adjust the wiring to fix this?
thanks
What you can do (although i dont know if gibson pickups have 4 conductor wiring but if they do) you can do this wiring, in which it goes bridge, both, neck, bridge with a split neck, which makes the neck a single coil like a strat, and bridge split like a strat

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2hb_1vol_1tone_5way

Enjoy
Gear

Fender Lite Ash Tele

Satellite 65/T

Yamaha RBX375
Quote by stanrobertsmith
I have a ibanez RGA121 that a bought off a guy who switched both humbuckers. In the neck, theres a gibson pickup but i dont know which one exactly. It has a 5 way pickup selector and the 1st and 2nd (going by 1st being most upright) sound exactly the same. Its a very warm and bassy tone but i do miss the crisper sound on my strat knockoff. is there a way i can adjust the wiring to fix this?
thanks

Well, I'd suggest getting a shop to look at it, dont mess with it yourself though <.< Chances are, hes soldered everthing together and you'll need work tools to try and change it. But if you like a strat sound, why would you buy an RGA in the first place? They dont sound very alike. And what'd you expect? Gibsons are famous for having bassy tones. Hope it helps, rofl.
Quote by EpiExplorer
Well, I'd suggest getting a shop to look at it, dont mess with it yourself though <.< Chances are, hes soldered everthing together and you'll need work tools to try and change it. But if you like a strat sound, why would you buy an RGA in the first place? They dont sound very alike. And what'd you expect? Gibsons are famous for having bassy tones. Hope it helps, rofl.

i'm just trying to get the best of both worlds with one guitar
Quote by StormShadow657
Hahaha best of both words one guitar....Trying to find the unicorn haha

oh i'm closer to finding the unicorn