First I want to say I don't even know how to play the guitar. I sing/scream/play keys and have a pretty good handle on music theory, so all tracks are synthesized atm. I started doing this about a month ago when I began writing for a band I'm kinda sorta in and we decided it wasn't heavy enough for the genre they were shooting for. So, I decided to make it a side project and maybe it'll take off, who knows.

All songs were made in Mixcraft 4 and written on a yamaha keyboard.

Band name is Where The Horizon Ends:
http://www.myspace.com/wherethehorizonends

Let me know what you guys think!
(tips on mixing also GREATLY appreciated)

ps - there are a couple tracks that are going to have riffs cut down, because yes, a couple spots get repetitive.
Last edited by mkriegs at Sep 14, 2009,
ha cool stuff man. not very hardcore though with no vocals. i didnt like the first song at all but the rest had some cool ideas.

keep at it
and
good luck
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
Yeah, haven't gotten around to recording the vocals, I have lyrics written and I know exactly how I'm going to fit them in, it's just a matter of getting time and doing it (because I know recording them will take at least twice as long as I'll plan for).

I was thinking an august burns red-ish style for the vocals, probably won't "sing" sing very much at all.
Hey, good stuff! I rather liked the first songs riff, and the other ones definitely had some epic concepts!

Mixing wise, id recommend maybe adding in a sort of fuzzy bass to emphasize some of the more "hardcore" parts

If you get a chance check out some of my stuff (link in my sig)

Keep up the good work! Cheers!
Thanks for the input. I checked out the band in your sig and I definitely liked it, not really my style or I'd have more input. How's the whole getting more members going? had any offers?