What are some cool mods that I can put on my guitars?

I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and a Schecter Damien FR.

I'm open to almost anything... What are some cool mods I can do to them?
replace tone knob with a killswitch
Dream Theater FTW!!

Gear:
Ibanez S7320 7-string
Tama Superstar 8 pc. drum set
Change (mods) just for the sake of change is seldom a good plan.

What are you trying to accomplish?
This thread is too vague, imho.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Oh yeah, I probably should have mentioned I have already installed a killswitch in the Les Paul.

Just trying to gain experience with different modifications, and trying to make my guitars godly.
Try taking out the pickups and cutting a soundhole.

But seriously, I hear if you put the Gibson pickups in your Epi, it "sounds just like a Gibson." Let me know how it turns out.
I was thinking about swapping the pickups out for something new in the Epi. What are some goodones? I play some clean, but mostly distortion, and I also don't split them, I constantly use the bridge pickup. Right now the Epi has the stock pickups. Any suggestions?
Quote by odstwarhead
I was thinking about swapping the pickups out for something new in the Epi. What are some goodones? I play some clean, but mostly distortion, and I also don't split them, I constantly use the bridge pickup. Right now the Epi has the stock pickups. Any suggestions?

Word on the street is EMG's. You should just google "make epiphone les paul sound like gibson." Or you can go to Musician's Friend and find a Gibson and read what kind of pickups it has. Or, better yet, find a guitar player that plays a Gibson LP, whose tone you like, and find out what he has.
Quote by odstwarhead
Oh yeah, I probably should have mentioned I have already installed a killswitch in the Les Paul.

Just trying to gain experience with different modifications, and trying to make my guitars godly.

play them.

that'll come in it's own time.
------

Shwiggity.
Try some Duncans, look around for some good combos or go for EMG if you prefer them.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I really want some Seymour Duncan's but I don't really know what kind. I play all Rock music, and classic rock (ie Muse, Foo Fighters, Rush, Nirvana, Incubus, etc.) I want something that will sound really good with distortion, but still good with cleans. I would also rather use passivepickups rather than active.
Kaoss pad mod.
My Rig:
American Standard Telecaster
Fender Starcaster
Sp. Edition Jack Daniels Strat (Modded)
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
Pedalboard (from a shelf )
the odd pedal
Quote by odstwarhead
I really want some Seymour Duncan's but I don't really know what kind. I play all Rock music, and classic rock (ie Muse, Foo Fighters, Rush, Nirvana, Incubus, etc.) I want something that will sound really good with distortion, but still good with cleans. I would also rather use passivepickups rather than active.

Jazz for neck
Either JB, Distortion/custom 5 or 59 for bridge
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
emg 81/85

ohh, and get yourself a spider 15w. best amp on the planet.

dont take this seriosly, look at who you admire, and what you like to play, and choose what mods you would like to do acordingly.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
^midi +1

ive sooo gotta get one of them midi processers in one of my guitars
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
no midi. please. just no. why bother having a guitar if you're going to synthesize it into something else? as far as pickups. determine what sound you're going after. for instance, i love having treble in my bridge position. so i got a pickup that supplied me with enough treble. i might find something else with more treble just to try it out. no point swapping **** out if you don't even know what you want.

and syk's right.. as just about always
because guitar tone + midi tone = the most versatile guitar in the world? That would be why.
I don't mean find a crappy saxophone sample. I mean get some cool synth going and actually have the ability to play a whole new world of styles.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
but if you want it to sound like something else, get that instrument?.. rather than cheating out the actually players of that instrument. how would you feel if midi keyboard players took all the guitar sounds. anyone can use a computer to make it sound however. but why bother?
Quote by blandguitar
but if you want it to sound like something else, get that instrument?.. rather than cheating out the actually players of that instrument. how would you feel if midi keyboard players took all the guitar sounds. anyone can use a computer to make it sound however. but why bother?

I think you're still missing the point.
Who said Synth is exclusive to keyboard? It just worked out that way because of the technology at the time. Fact is, synth, as a sound, has no home at all. Whatever is capable of playing it is perfect for playing it.
Again, which i think you've ignored, is that I am not talking about playing the violin or flute. I am talking about the sounds than no instrument can make.

Look at it from this angle then. The Prodigy, played on a guitar.
Now that is pretty ****ing cool
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by blandguitar
how would you feel if midi keyboard players took all the guitar sounds.

Synths and VSTs can already get guitar sounds and it doesn't bother me because I'm not an uptight tool.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.