im going to start drafting my songs and as of right now im going to be feeding a guitar from the amp to the computer to start.... if it matters i play metalcore stuff with harmonized parts...

my question is how do i make my recordings sound better?... should go through a mixer or does that not actually effect the sound if im recording track by track?
You need an audio interface. What is your budget and will you be recording drums or just guitar?
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
my budget is very low... only 100 bucks and il be recording drums, guitar, bass, and vocals... im fully aware that im not going to get a good sounding recording but where should i start with m low budget so that i can at least have some music recorded?
Maybe.... Samson Go USB mic at $60, and spend the rest on a guitar interface for the bass?
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.