Hey, I'm new here

So I've been playing guitar for a few years, and ive set out to find a new guitar. My budget is about 850 bucks.

I'm looking for a lead guitar rather than a rhythm, suited for fast play.

At guitar center I tried the BC Rich DLXJRVO Deluxe Jr. and really enjoyed it's style and sound, despite what people say about emg 81/85's being sterile. I love the V shape but what bummed me out was that it only comes in onyx, and I really dont want a third black guitar. Are there any guitars that play and sound similar to this and fit within my budget?

Other Info: The bands I play the most are Dream Theater, Motley Crue, Poison, Opeth, Bon Jovi, and Judas Priest

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it needs to have a locking trem of some sort
Last edited by baf250 at Sep 14, 2009,
I gave that a try as well, wasn't my cup of tea. The shape was a real turn off.
If you insist on EMG pickups check out the Schecter Hellraisers. They're good for the music you play and they come in various shapes including the V shape.
Quote by Amer91
If you insist on EMG pickups check out the Schecter Hellraisers. They're good for the music you play and they come in various shapes including the V shape.

Yah, but the shape isn't that pointy, but it's an amazing guitar.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Hellraiser-V1-Electric-Guitar?sku=520217
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Thanks for the reccomendations, the V-1FR looks good, and it comes in white! It's a bit over budget, but I can get an extra 50 bucks... I'll have to check it out if they have it at guitar center because the EMG's are slightly different than the BC Rich one.