hey UG,
so i recently bought a Jackson DXMG which comes with EMG HZ humbuckers. i have read a few reviews and quite a few people said they changed their HZ's to the EMG 81/85 setup. i'm not sure whether its worth the investment or not and i was hoping to get some feedback from the experts

i use a Marshall MG100HDFX with the recommended MG412A cab. i play mostly metal. led zeppelin, black sabbath, iron maiden, etc

so what do you think UG?
I have that guitar, but don't switch them with that amp. You probably won't hear a difference, but once you get a better amp, i would switch. They are good for cleans, but weak for distortion.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
new amp

/thread
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
you wont hear much of a difference with a solid state amp, let alone an MG, so it would be a waste to switch them. with a tube amp, it would be a completely different story though.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Not trying to hijack this thread, just whilst i'm here is there any chance you could have HZ in the bridge and a 60 in the neck. I'm guessing not but i have no idea
Quote by DimeBomb
Not trying to hijack this thread, just whilst i'm here is there any chance you could have HZ in the bridge and a 60 in the neck. I'm guessing not but i have no idea

it's possible.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
^ but why would you want to keep the horrid passive EMG's?

I love my 81/85 and 81/60 combo.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie

i was thinking the same thing.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by deftonesordie

I love my 81/85 and 81/60 combo.
Maybe he wants to change just one right now cuz he's short on cash, and change the other later?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I'd say just buy the 81 and leave that until you can buy the 85/60
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by flemjammin
hey UG,
so i recently bought a Jackson DXMG which comes with EMG HZ humbuckers. i have read a few reviews and quite a few people said they changed their HZ's to the EMG 81/85 setup. i'm not sure whether its worth the investment or not and i was hoping to get some feedback from the experts

i use a Marshall MG100HDFX with the recommended MG412A cab. i play mostly metal. led zeppelin, black sabbath, iron maiden, etc

so what do you think UG?

I would sooner go something like a Seymour Duncan SH-6 set, than any EMG, especially for the bands you listed. But I do think the 81/85 will sound better than the Hz pick ups.
Though many love EMG, so I am sure many will disagree with my preference for SD.