DON'T GET IT!! DON'T BUY ROBOT GUITARS!!!!

HAVEN'T YOU SEEN THE TERMINATOR!!

sure they seem stylish, sleek, and extremely convenient and worth the price tag..but just watch one minuet you are jamming out...and the next minuet Arnold Schwarzenegger butin through your wall blowing **** up!
I hear that Robots are going for quite cheap nowadays. I don't really think many of them were sold and now dealers are desperate to clear them.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by Zayrank
DON'T GET IT!! DON'T BUY ROBOT GUITARS!!!!

HAVEN'T YOU SEEN THE TERMINATOR!!

sure they seem stylish, sleek, and extremely convenient and worth the price tag..but just watch one minuet you are jamming out...and the next minuet Arnold Schwarzenegger butin through your wall blowing **** up!

^this
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!
that is a typo gibson says the rrp is $3600 us although i believe there have been some price cuts for a limited time
thats not a typo. i've seen them at long and mcquade for that price.
Thinking of getting one the next time i go to long and mcquade which will be next july, i already have 700 bucks.
The Robot guitars, especially the SGs, are being sold off really cheap now. People paid a lot for them when they were allegedly limited production, but since then Gibson have made the Dark Fire which is better in every way, people realised that most of the Robot models suck (they're based off the cheap LP Studio and SG Special, which only rarely are as good as a Standard LP or SG) and Gibson made many more than they originally said they would, which has hurt value.

Also they're really pointless for most people anyway. The point of them is for gigging musicians who need to change through several tunings quickly and don't want to take up time leaving the stage to change guitar, or piss off the audience by re-tuning on stage. The thing is, Special and Studio models really aren't good enough for professional musicians. The people they are good enough for are not the same sort of people that need the features of the 'Robot' system.

If they had stuck the same electronics in a Standard, given them more traditional finishes, given them better stock pickups (or at least made it easier to change the pickups without ****ing up the tuning system) and kept them as a limited run, I believe the Robot models would be worth thousands each now. As it is, they're just a nearly-useless upgrade to an already cheap series of guitars.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Well, I got the Last one at my Sam Ash for $799 (SG Special Robot). Neck is perfect, though you can see the body joint lines through the ebony nitro finish. Considering a regular special was hanging on the wall next to it for $200 more and looked/played/sounded identical, I'd say it was a good value. Now I can leave my strat tuned conventionally, and play some 'Stones' with the SG.
That's nice, but I'm guessing in the 3 years since this thread was started he's managed to figure out whether he wants one or not.