Page 1 of 2
So tell me your stories of the most irratating band members be it drummers guitarists bassists? singers and how they annoyed you
A rhythm guitarist who sucked and didn't understand the concept of "this is not a cover band".
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
singer WITHOUT a second thought. most irritating **** i've ever had the misfortune to meet. we booted that son of a bitch within 5 days.

EDIT: coincidentally, he also didn't understand the concept that we were NOT a cover band. he also couldn't sing worth a ****
Once I had a drummer.

EDIT: I do know a few people who do absolutely nothing. They would never go to practice, or always make excuses and whatnot.
Last edited by Miniskirt at Sep 14, 2009,
The band i'm in atm are all pretty cool guys. but my last one we had a lead guitarist who was **** (couldnt even play a power chord ) and didnt learn anysongs before practice and expected me to teach him them there and refused to give me the lead. he may have started the band but it wasnt long before the rest of us went off in another direction.
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Quote by Miniskirt
Once I had a drummer.

Lawl. ^

There was this lead guitarist who was just arrogant and he was like look how awesome I am at guitar with all my distortion and feedback with all the songs by other bands that I know that are in Drop D
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Old singer, old band. Fat, arrogant ginger who thought she was Amy Lee (not that I like Amy Lee). But she just gathered some mates together who wanted to be in a band. Turned out I had to teach the other guitarist how to play guitar, the bassist how to play bass and the drummer (now my gf) how to play drums. Also I was the only guy in the band

it sucked
Lead guitarists who suck, drummers and singers who can't keep tempo, one-note bassists.

That's about it
No means maybe
I had a bassist who couldn't play a clean note and wanted to just play pop rock covers. The other members were the same. I had different a different understanding what punk music was. I was kicked out two months later. They're now a crappy classic rock cover band with a fat and nerdy piece of **** that thinks he's some kind of rock prophet. If I sound disappointed, then you must be mistaken.

The fat nerd, for a description, tries hard on singing really catchy songs with a flat voice while thinking he's good. And he has a fawxhawk. And he's too old to normally still be hanging around in our dead end town..
Last edited by dookie_dude_ at Sep 14, 2009,
The other guitarist in my current band.
Obsessed with Alexi Laiho but has never even tried to learn a COB song which would improve his technique. Whenever he "composes" it's always in D minor with the drop D and consists of the same thing every time, and it's in an annoying timing without him realising. Has only ever learned one song that i had written, and when the rest of the band tried to learn another one of them he just decided to learn a different one so we had to do that. I keep telling him to read up on theory in an effort to improve his writing but he never has and still expects us to get stuff done when he doesn't know the stuff.
Also always learns the lead to the songs, i composed the whole thing and spent about 6 months stewing before you learned it, the least you could let me do is play the goddamn lead!

Not going to be staying with them long, a year and a half with a band that's written one song where I have written 22 in that time is a bit pointless.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
Last edited by ride-the-spiral at Sep 14, 2009,
A guitarist that would sign us up for shows and not tell me until last minute. One day he picked me up, I was thinking "Oh, band practice today." We jammed a little bit, but they mentioned a show coming up, we ended up playing a show at midnight and I had school the next day.
We had this bassist man. He thought he was the shit and thought he was holier than thou, so we had our drummer systematically kill him by crushing him with a bus.

/badjoke
there was this drummer that sucked

there was this guy that thought metal meant being the next jonas brothers (he also sucked)
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
A guitarist that would sign us up for shows and not tell me until last minute. One day he picked me up, I was thinking "Oh, band practice today." We jammed a little bit, but they mentioned a show coming up, we ended up playing a show at midnight and I had school the next day.

that is kickass! not annoying!
Quote by ride-the-spiral
The other guitarist in my current band.
Obsessed with Alexi Laiho but has never even tried to learn a COB song which would improve his technique. Whenever he "composes" it's always in D minor with the drop D and consists of the same thing every time, and it's in an annoying timing without him realising. Has only ever learned one song that i had written, and when the rest of the band tried to learn another one of them he just decided to learn a different one so we had to do that. I keep telling him to read up on theory in an effort to improve his writing but he never has and still expects us to get stuff done when he doesn't know the stuff.
Also always learns the lead to the songs, i composed the whole thing and spent about 6 months stewing before you learned it, the least you could let me do is play the goddamn lead!

Not going to be staying with them long, a year and a half with a band that's written one song where I have written 22 in that time is a bit pointless.

well, that guy sounds like an ass, but proffesionals always compose around the same key, which is around the singer's natural tone
Quote by Miniskirt
Once I had a drummer.

EDIT: I do know a few people who do absolutely nothing. They would never go to practice, or always make excuses and whatnot.

that's the first thing that came to mind!
The worst band members ever are people who want to be in bands just for the sake of being in a band. Coming in a close second are lead guitarists who dismiss rhythm guitarists as unimportant.
myself, i do a one-man-band

Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Years ago I worked with a singer who was convinced he was Jim Morrison re-incanated. Seriously. Wouldn't do a damn thing without his shades, and leather jacket. And his Yamaha vocal fx unit. That f***ing fx unit.
Well, we couldn't hear much of his vocals thro' the thick fug of excessive flanger, but we were sure he didn't know the lyrics he'd been given. I was sure later, listening to the tapes in the car - he'd used the same words on 3 different tunes.
He replaced the singer who tried to convince us all to quit our jobs, and move to the commune he disappeared into.
My old band was pretty cool, except the drummer was an egotistical, spoil, rich kid. He was good, but he thought he was the best. So a day before our first show, he dropped out of our band, and started to spread rumors that everyone in the band sucked. Since he's a spoil little fuk, of course everybody believed him and my fuking name has been tarished, and I can't even find a band now. We all when our seperate way. Recently, me(bassist), the lead guitarist whos switching to vocals and singer found a drummer and are about to start another band. But because of this little fuk, it's so hard to find a drummer, this kid is seriously the Axel Rose of drummers. I really hope he dies or gets kill.

Sorry people, I'm venting
XBL Gamertag:thor7861
message me you're from UG first

I can't think of anything to put here

Played with a ****ty classic rock band that thought they owned the **** out of my metal band when they were just a bunch of classic rock elitists who everyone hated. I even played with Daniel Madger the kid off the Disney show Life with Derek hes 19 but plays an 8 year old on the show its sad he goes to my highschool. Heres video proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t0Gf41gF7Y
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Right now in our rock ensemble the only guy I didn't know beforehand is our second guitarist. Whenever we're trying to practice something he just stares down at his dozen different pedals, switching back and forth, "Hold on lemme try this, no wait, it's this one, yea I think - no wait," he can play well, but I've never heard him play without some kind of pedal effect. (Not saying pedals aren't awesome but I know addiction when I see it)
Also, whenever we get through a full song or take a break he'll look over at me, "You okay? Doing okay? You alright following?" As if I don't know how to play and maybe need them to slow down to let the "chick" catch up with their stella gee-tar skillz. \:|
You're killing me Smalls!
Quote by shattamakkar
OMG ARE THOSE WAT I THINK THEY ARE!
Quote by columbianneckti
My old band was pretty cool, except the drummer was an egotistical, spoil, rich kid. He was good, but he thought he was the best. So a day before our first show, he dropped out of our band, and started to spread rumors that everyone in the band sucked. Since he's a spoil little fuk, of course everybody believed him and my fuking name has been tarished, and I can't even find a band now. We all when our seperate way. Recently, me(bassist), the lead guitarist whos switching to vocals and singer found a drummer and are about to start another band. But because of this little fuk, it's so hard to find a drummer, this kid is seriously the Axel Rose of drummers. I really hope he dies or gets kill.

Sorry people, I'm venting

in future when "venting" try to learn how to type/speak the english language.
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
we made a band.
We signed up for a show.
Our singer leaves, so I take both lead guitar and vocal duties.

Ten days before the show, he shows up for practice like normal, like nothing happened.

We played the show with him, but it was our last.
T_T

Since then, I left that band, and those same group of guys have made 7-8 bands(the same people) within the past 2 years, they keep quitting and quitting and starting over.

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by SGstriker
A rhythm guitarist who sucked and didn't understand the concept of "this is not a cover band".

I think I had the EXACT same guy in my old band!

All he did was play Nirvana covers and then get too drunk too play the 3 songs he himself wrote.

He was a good songwriter, but he was too busy worshipping Cobain and being drunk.
Quote by GeneralGrim
The worst band members ever are people who want to be in bands just for the sake of being in a band. Coming in a close second are lead guitarists who dismiss rhythm guitarists as unimportant.
There's some dude like that at my school. He's still in the band he joined. And still can't even play the guitar. All he knows are power chords, but not the basic chords like A, Am, C, etc.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by metalmanjosip

in future when "venting" try to learn how to type/speak the english language.

Grammer Nazi, sorry, but when I think about it, I can't think straight and want to punch something
XBL Gamertag:thor7861
message me you're from UG first

I can't think of anything to put here

Quote by columbianneckti
Grammer Nazi, sorry, but when I think about it, I can't think straight and want to punch something

It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
No ones been overly annoying... there was a rhythm guitarist who rarely made it to any practices so we just kicked him...
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
I get alittle irritated sometimes at the lead player in my band. He is good, but very competitive. My girlfriend has known him since he was little and has always been that way. I get irritated sometimes when I try to do something to get alittle bit of spot light, I am mainly the rhythm player but who doesn't want to get noticed once in awhile?

This usually passes, and I get over it. I don't let it bug me enough to hate playing with him, after all he is one of my best friends.

An old drummer I know is an absolute ass hole. He always breaks bands apart and turns people against each other then acts like hes a victim. Hes bull**** and every time I hear about them being in a new band I tell whoevers talking to wait 2 months or so when the band is disgusted with each other and break up.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
this guy. Hes just as bad as sid was at bass. Fun guy though.

me in back enjoyin my high

And heres 2 pics that are just funny(to me at least).

hes drunk

and hes passed out (tyler(drummer) in background)
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
A very arrogant guitarist who thought the world of himself but couldn't play anything clean or in time. He would sometimes flat out refuse to practice because he believed that he was already as good as he was ever going to get. He was the most annoying ****er i have ever had the displeasure of working with.
Page 1 of 2