so I saw one on craiglist for $350 which have cab include,i wanna check it out

my question is what kind of tone its produce, and what genres does its good for
They're decent amps. They're great for Blues.

Ah..Yes...Lead 100 Mosfet. The bastard son of Marshall amps.It's been described as harsh, sterile, and lacking soul. This was Marshall's attempt to make transistors sound like tubes, but they didn't quite nail it 100%. I prefer to see this amp for what it is. It's solid state, so I expect it to sound more like a solid state amp and less a tube amp. Transistors, (especially Mosfet and Germanium) are far from transparent. They definately have a "sound" or "color". Mosfets were designed to have some warmth to them. Though they will never be as warm as tubes, if you dial this amp in right, it's reasonably warm. Think of this amp as a big, elaborate overdrive stompbox that's been built into an amp head. Let's start with the clean channel. Bright and snappy with good note articulation, can get a little dirty with hot pickups, but still totally useable. The dirty channel. Crunch and crunchy grind is the best way to describe it. When the volts hit those transistors, they really sound like they're on fire. Again good note articulation and good sustain. This amp doesn't really do the tube compression sag effect where you play soft, it cleans up. You play hard, it gets dirty. This is more of an "all or nothing" amp, but it cleans up reasonably well when you back off on your guitars volume knob. This amp really has it's own thing going on and is a lot of fun to play with. As far as it 'lacking soul', I tend to disagree. Its you, the player. Your style and chops that brings the soul to the sound. A $4000 boutique tube amp is not necessarily going to make you sound great or make you a great player. I dont think this amp would be the best choice for Metal (it would need more gain and low end for that), but for straight-up rock n roll, old school punk, industrial, or trashy garage rock, I think this amp shines. If those styles of music apply to you, then never mind what the tube amp purists say. This amp is definately worth a try. Cheers!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
i have mine and i love it. try it out atleast, i got the head for 220 and a sunn 212 cab for 150, so you've got a pretty good deal.

the cleans on it are great. pretty much nailed the 'talk show host' by radiohead tone, suprisingly. reverb is alot better than i expected as well.

and the lead channel is pretty much the black keys.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Last edited by forstringwonder at Sep 14, 2009,
It's one of the better solid state amps out there.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Mosfets are just a solid state component. Marshall tried to use to them to replace the tubes but instead got a more unique sound.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments