How do you guys type?
For example, I only use my index and middle finger on both hands to type anything. That includes using the spacebar. My thumbs do nothing.
I use my thumb on my trackpad though. Obviously if you're on a desktop, just say you use a mouse.
So, post what fingers you use to type, or any weird typing styles you have, please!
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
I use the both hands, I type like typing class taught me.

EDIT: I use all 10.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Last edited by valennic at Sep 14, 2009,
I touchtype.

edit: index finger on the trackpad, and middle finger as well for two finger scrollisciousness (macbook ftw). 72wpm or so typing. I'm good
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Last edited by jgbsmith at Sep 14, 2009,
I'm on a laptop, meaning my index finger is on the left button while my middle finger surfs the interwebs.

I have a pretty good thing going.

EDIT: And yeah, I type the way I was tought via typing class back in middle school: "home row". It was a pretty annoying class, in hindsight. But, now that I look at myself now, I can really type quite quick.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Last edited by Just Andrew at Sep 14, 2009,
I touchtype and usually use the trackpad with my index finger and tap the trackpad to click
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
I use all 11, All my fingers and my penis. =)
Quote by Royal Celebi
Not allowed to whip out my dick in the middle of class. Ludicrous.

Quote by ratracekid111
Is that even Possible?!?!?

Quote by ilovepepsi
can i go blind by eating purple
Quote by StewieSwan
Like a regular computer user who isn't retarded?

Do you honestly believe that everyone types the exact same way? Please, tell me you don't.
Quote by leeb rocks
I use my index fingers and occasionally my middle and ring fingers for letters and space bar and my pinkies to hold down shift, backspace, tab, and enter.

Oh, and I use my right hand on a mouse, because I can't stand those touch pads on laptops. I right click with my middle finger and left click with my index.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Sep 14, 2009,
Index fingers on the raised keys (F and J), and then I just use them as a base, I mostly let my index and middle fingers do what they like, actually I don't think I ever use my ring finger or my little finger on my right hand. WPM of 95.
typically, i'll use my hand to help lower myself comfortably into my seat in front of the desk where my laptop is. after that, i'll again use my hand to lift the screen into a comfortable viewing position, then quickly use the index finger on my right hand to depress the power button so the computer's hardware will get to work and allow me to use my software that i installed earlier, which i used my fingers to do. once the computer is on, the login screen will appear and i will place my right hand on my mouse and click the left button in the text box where i will type my password. i then remove my hand from the mouse and use my fingers to type in the password. i do not use the spacebar in this instance because there are no spaces in my password. after entering the password, i then hit the enter button to allow myself access to my personal files.

my computer often has trouble connecting to the internet without assistance, so i place my hand back on my mouse and navigate the pointer to the lower corner of my computer and double-click the icon that allows me to connect to the internet. after connecting, i navigate the pointer to the small Firefox icon on my taskbar and click it. it sometimes takes a while to start, so i leave the pointer in one location until the Firefox window opens. soon the window will open. for some reason, the window sometimes opens un-maximized. in that event, i will navigate my pointer to the upper-right portion of the window and click on the maximize button. that expands the window to the size of the screen. once it has finished loading and expanding, i'll move the pointer with my right hand to the bookmarks bar where i have the shortcut to UG placed. i will then click on this to open UG, then navigate to the top of the webpage and click the forum button. after this next page loads, i will slightly scroll down to view the hyperlink which will take me to the pit. i then click on this link and the pit loads up for me to view.

i then use my right index finger to scroll down to view the threads. i will only use one thread in this example because i don't want this to be too long. after scrolling far enough to view the drug thread, i again use my right index finger to select this link. after catching up on some stories i may have missed, i will navigate to the bottom of the page. there, i find the quick reply box which i use unless i have quoted someone. i click in the box so i can begin typing out my message. i then remove my hand from my mouse, and place both hands on the keyboard readying myself to type out my message. i begin typing out my message using all of my fingers including my pinky on occasion and my thumb to press upon the spacebar when i need to start spelling a new word, which happens on occasion.

once the message has reached quality standards, i then place my right hand back on my mouse and move the pointer to the button which allows me to post my response. i then use my right index finger to post the reply.

that's how i computer.
I use all my fingers and thumbs to type.
Caps lock, tab, left shift, right shift, @ and enter are all handled by my pinky fingers.
Thumbs usually just work the space bar.
The rest of my fingers work all the other keys mostly.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
I use my right index or middle finger for my trackpad, and all 10 fingers to type.

However, I cannot type if I'm looking at the screen or keyboard as well as I can when I'm not, so I will look away, or even close my eyes while typing.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by PlayMadness
I use my right index or middle finger for my trackpad, and all 10 fingers to type.

However, I cannot type if I'm looking at the screen or keyboard as well as I can when I'm not, so I will look away, or even close my eyes while typing.

Really? Would you happen to know why this is?
Quote by leeb rocks
I use all of my fingers to type. Thumbs and pinkies don't get used all that often though. Mostly just for things like shift or the space bar. I don't use the "home keys" or "home row," whatever they call it these days. I don't look at the keyboard though either. I've just gotten used to the keyboard layout so that I don't need to look to type. I can type at a decent pace too. Good enough for my needs anyway.

Quote by mental_zer0
typically, i'll use my hand to help lower myself comfortably into my seat in front of the desk where my laptop is. after that, i'll again use my hand to lift the screen into a comfortable viewing position, then quickly use the index finger on my right hand to depress the power button so the computer's hardware will get to work and allow me to use my software that i installed earlier, which i used my fingers to do. once the computer is on, the login screen will appear and i will place my right hand on my mouse and click the left button in the text box where i will type my password. i then remove my hand from the mouse and use my fingers to type in the password. i do not use the spacebar in this instance because there are no spaces in my password. after entering the password, i then hit the enter button to allow myself access to my personal files.

my computer often has trouble connecting to the internet without assistance, so i place my hand back on my mouse and navigate the pointer to the lower corner of my computer and double-click the icon that allows me to connect to the internet. after connecting, i navigate the pointer to the small Firefox icon on my taskbar and click it. it sometimes takes a while to start, so i leave the pointer in one location until the Firefox window opens. soon the window will open. for some reason, the window sometimes opens un-maximized. in that event, i will navigate my pointer to the upper-right portion of the window and click on the maximize button. that expands the window to the size of the screen. once it has finished loading and expanding, i'll move the pointer with my right hand to the bookmarks bar where i have the shortcut to UG placed. i will then click on this to open UG, then navigate to the top of the webpage and click the forum button. after this next page loads, i will slightly scroll down to view the hyperlink which will take me to the pit. i then click on this link and the pit loads up for me to view.

i then use my right index finger to scroll down to view the threads. i will only use one thread in this example because i don't want this to be too long. after scrolling far enough to view the drug thread, i again use my right index finger to select this link. after catching up on some stories i may have missed, i will navigate to the bottom of the page. there, i find the quick reply box which i use unless i have quoted someone. i click in the box so i can begin typing out my message. i then remove my hand from my mouse, and place both hands on the keyboard readying myself to type out my message. i begin typing out my message using all of my fingers including my pinky on occasion and my thumb to press upon the spacebar when i need to start spelling a new word, which happens on occasion.

once the message has reached quality standards, i then place my right hand back on my mouse and move the pointer to the button which allows me to post my response. i then use my right index finger to post the reply.

that's how i computer.

I hope you can type relatively fast. Otherwise that was a complete waste of time.
there was a point back before wow's first expansion came out that i got good at typing one handed while raiding. currently however, i use everything but my pinky's and my ring fingers are only used about 50-65% of the time.
Quote by mental_zer0

that's how i computer.

I touch type, I use all my fingers. btu not how I'm supposed to. And I'm a useless typer.
My hands are too big to use the standard typing system, I mainly use my thumb, index, and middle fingers, and I can reach the majority of the keyboard with those. I also use my ring and pinky, but I usually don't have to.

I can type around 70 wpm.

Btw I type without looking.
Last edited by Tire Me. at Sep 14, 2009,