Hagstrom
0 0%
Other
1 4%
Voters: 25.
PRS, and other brands...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Well theres not supposed to be VS. Threads and thats kind of all this is. Unless you want to save yourself and edit in your looking to buy one and want to know which is best suited for your style.
Epi or Gretsch. Pretty much interchangeable, especially in terms of the Epi Elitist models vs the current modern Gretsch guitars, or vintage guitars from either brand.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Gretsch is king when it comes to hollowbodies.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Carvin's Holdsworth sig model...
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I respect that sweet pop in Gretsch guitars, but my vote goes to Gibson- if only for such a classy ES-335, or the modernish ES-359 that still is lovely warm.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Can't say what the best is because I haven't played them all.

I did play an Ibanez Artcore a few days ago and I was VERY impressed!

I've heard a lot of mixed opinions about them, but this one was for sale in the used section at a local shop. Felt amazing, sounded great too. If I had a few extra hundred dollars to spend I would pick it up.

Probably isn't the best, but could be the best value.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
gretsch. I love the look/feel/sound of a big deep hollowbody. with a bigsby, nothing sounds better
Benedetto, Sadowsky, D'Aquisto, and D'Angelico are the best. They're also ridiculously expensive. Linda Manzer makes awesome archtops, too.

EDIT: WTF? Gretsch is winning? They're good, yeah, but the best archtops are not made by the big brands. Making a great archtop is an artform.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Sep 15, 2009,