I have an interview next week at Daddy's Junky Music, which sells Guitars, Bass's, Amps, Acoustic, and drums and keyboards. Anyways I mainly have knowledge on guitars and bass's but I am just wondering what I should know, as far as guitars go I know alot about the types of wood, alot on pickups, strings and so forth but what do you think is needed to work at a guitar shop?
Know less than the average monkey.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
You should learn how to spell basses correctly.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan

He didn't spell it incorrectly, he used the wrong form of the plural.
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
Quote by StewieSwan

Just have a good knowledge of the instruments you're dealing with so that when a customer asks you for help in choosing or finding an instrument you can actually help and not make an ass of yourself
go in and check their stock and write it down - google each guitar/bass/amp you find if you remember ~1/3 of what you read that day you are better than all the other candidates by default pretty much.
that wasn't a plural form, that was a possesive.

The people at the daddy's near my house don't know crap. You'll be fine.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by pitobodies
that wasn't a plural form, that was a possesive.

The people at the daddy's near my house don't know crap. You'll be fine.

He was attempting to use the plural, is what I meant to say.
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
All you need to know is what the most expensive stuff in the store is.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
They'd probably be interested in people skills because the knowledge of the stock can easily be brought up to speed.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Thanks haha, um what other stuff should I know?, I know nothing on actual drums, or keyboards, but Amp's and Guitars are my speciality, Im just trying to think of stuff I should research maybe different strings?
Well, you have several years of guitar experience, and zero drums/keys experience. You're not gonna be able to get your knowledge of these instruments up to an equal (or comparable) level overnight.
Most people there don't know much, so you're pretty well off with basic knowledge of guitars and amps.
Just be helpful and be a good salesman and you'll do fine

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

are you going to be working the whole store? or just the guitar section because in that case all you need to know is how to point to the different departments
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in