i just took advantage of the free pod farm download on line 5's website, but im having some trouble. i downloaded, installed, and updated everything i could. but now when i open the vst in my recording program, it does nothing. when i record a dry track and add on the pod farm vst, it doesnt change. i even put on a dual rectifier model with the gain and volume on 10 with the reverb all the way up and a suboctave effect just to make sure id hear a change, but it does nothing
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
the vst isnt free to use with in a daw, but you can pay to get it work from line 6, or you can buy one of the more expensive pod studios to get it free. however you can record the track wet by using farm in the back ground
Tick: Villains always have antidotes. They're funny that way

Gear
Musicman JP7 Mystic Dream/Piezo
Fernandes Revelle elite
Epi Les Paul Silverburst custom- Sd 59 + JB
Mesa Dual Rec + Marshall 1960 Cab
what? i downloaded and installed it already for free
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Numbin the pain
the vst isnt free to use with in a daw, but you can pay to get it work from line 6, or you can buy one of the more expensive pod studios to get it free. however you can record the track wet by using farm in the back ground

Does this mean that it can be used for free? I know it won't work when it is used with a daw, but you said that you can record the track wet with the farm? I also want to use this but I can't get it to work.
WTF?????? I downloaded pod farm last week, I haven't recorded with it yet but it works perfectly as a standalone plug in....

Just tried it out it works grand in my DAW, and to the poster above who said you must pay for it,
it is free this month,Line 6 are finally giving something back to their customers:P

To the thread starter check the help manuals or search online for people with similiar problems and you should be able to find whats wrong
Quote by drawnacrol
WTF?????? I downloaded pod farm last week, I haven't recorded with it yet but it works perfectly as a standalone plug in....

Just tried it out it works grand in my DAW, and to the poster above who said you must pay for it,
it is free this month,Line 6 are finally giving something back to their customers:P

To the thread starter check the help manuals or search online for people with similiar problems and you should be able to find whats wrong

Are you using it with an iLok? I was thinking that was causing the trouble, maybe it isn't. I don't have an iLok and don't want to buy one.
k so i got everything working, but now when i add on a pod farm sound, the track goes silent.

im so confused...

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
k so i got everything working, but now when i add on a pod farm sound, the track goes silent.

im so confused...

Are you using Reaper? if so, then thats the problem. Reaper has trouble with PodFarm , to get around this problem you should use the free VST EffectChainer,

http://www.acondigital.com/us_EffectChainer.html

load that up on a track, and then load PodFarm inside it.
Quote by muckypup
Do can the Pod Farm be used without a stupid iLok or line 6 interface?

Nope. Not that i'm aware of.
cheers drawnacrol, ive just got my free code for pod farm
Tick: Villains always have antidotes. They're funny that way

Gear
Musicman JP7 Mystic Dream/Piezo
Fernandes Revelle elite
Epi Les Paul Silverburst custom- Sd 59 + JB
Mesa Dual Rec + Marshall 1960 Cab