hey guys. i got a evh wolfgang off ebay for $400. which either way i couldnt go wrong. my cousin the EVH addict told me that i got the cheaper model(which made a lot of sense). so i tried doing my research on the different models and found no info.

he told me he had the arc-top which i guess would be the "standard" version.

basiclly what are the differences between "the special" which i got. and the other model(s).

thank you
-joe cerillo
Joe Cerillo

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul : vintage cherry
Martin D-12
MArtin DC-28
Peavey JSX

"IT puts the lotion on its skin"
that sucks, so its like the epiphones of the evh collection?

is it missing anything the standard has?
Joe Cerillo

Gear:
Martin D-12
MArtin DC-28
Peavey JSX

Quote by joecerillo

Not at all...They are actually good guitars. And they are actually Peavey, not a licsenced copy in the sense of Epiphone vs Gibson..

You might consider it more like a Made in Mexico Strat Vs Made In US Strat..
But definately NOT like Squier vs Fender...

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Sep 14, 2009,
Quote by joecerillo

A tone knob, i suppose. Other than that it's just an issue of wood grade and part quality, which i must assure you are both very good for the money. I have one and it's a great guitar. I'm a thin neck guy but the asymmetrical Wolfgang neck is so comfortable i don't mind the thickness.
Don't worry. I have a Wolfgang Special and it's great and never let's down.
XBL Gamertag: toasty10
in reality, eddie played with a beatup kramer with wires coming out of it. quality wasnt important from the way it appears. he could play a first act and make it sound good lol i just want a maple neck/fretboard with humbucker, and not another strat
Joe Cerillo

Gear:
Martin D-12
MArtin DC-28
Peavey JSX

they made three different wolfgangs ... a USA wolfgang standard which had the arched top, tone knob, and a birdseye maple neck with i believe grover tuners...

they also had a USA wolfgang special standard which was a solid color, and a wolfgang special deluxe which had a maple veneer on it. these guitars had an unfinished hardrock maple neck on them and only a volume knob

the last in line was the korean made wolfgang special EXP. it had a maple veneer and a maple neck but the neck was coated.

the easiest way to tell which one you have it to look at the back of the headstock and see if the EVH signature is burned in or painted on or missing .. if it has been burned in it is USA made if it looks painted on or is missing it is definately the korean model
AGILE PS970/4000 (one off custom) :: JACKSON DKMGT :: DEAN SOLTERO
MESA Dual Rec (2CH) :: (2) AVATAR 2X12 cabs w/ celestions

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
i think everybody's covered the models. special, made in korea. standard, made in the us. i had a standard a while ago and it played beautifully and looked amazing. loved the carved top, and the flame maple was amazing. never played the specials, but $400 is quite a deal on them!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Just remember that only the Quilt Top Special were made in Korea. The other Specials are still made in USA.
Quote by Jayman80
Just remember that only the Quilt Top Special were made in Korea. The other Specials are still made in USA.

exactly, not all specials are korean made ...
AGILE PS970/4000 (one off custom) :: JACKSON DKMGT :: DEAN SOLTERO
MESA Dual Rec (2CH) :: (2) AVATAR 2X12 cabs w/ celestions

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!