Remember that Dexter's lab episode where he and his family went to the supermarket and he went home with the wrong parents? He went home with some scientist parents and he got sad because instead of a real breakfast, he just got some pills.

But I'm wondering, is it possible to live entirely on supplements and get all your nutrients and vitamins in pill form?

Oh and for the Dexter fans:

<. <.

.> .>

COUPON!
Currently, no.

In the future yes. You'll have pills you put into this microwave thing and it magically becomes food. Like in the fifth element.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Nah Brah Joseph
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
naaaw....

but that episode of dexter's lab rocks...
it brings me a lot of memories, lol
I don't think so, and would you really want that? It would solve malnutrition, but one of the greatest pleasures in life is food.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I don't know if pills and crap like that would have enough caloric value to sustain anyone.

Unless they have a calorie pill.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Yes. Entirely possible.

I haven't eaten in six years, I drink vitamin shakes and eat those little flintstones things.
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
I'm no nutritionist but I think you need to get genuine, organic stuff that can only be found in real food in addition to the vitamins and stuff in it.

Also, food is awesome. Why would you want to go without it?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Last edited by Spoony_Bard at Sep 14, 2009,
The people in The Matrix, or should I say in the real world, were fed through tubes which must be liquid only.
Quote by namesroverrated
I don't think so, and would you really want that? It would solve malnutrition, but one of the greatest pleasures in life is food.

I'd rather drink then eat.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
I remember that episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DEXTER"S LAB IS NOVER ON ANYMORE!!

I think so. LIke vitamins and water.
If you just took supplements and water then your organs would probably break down and become weak from the inactivity (not having to break down and digest food).

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Last edited by El Hilliaro at Sep 14, 2009,
That particular episode always got me thinking about that. He didn't just have pills, I think there was some freeze-dried thing in there, too.

My favorite part was the pamphlet reading they did.
You're asking a serious theoretical question based on something you saw on a child's cartoon show? Wow.

But I really doubt it will ever be possible... plus... eating is way too much fun
I love that episode. That was such a great show.

but on topic, no. you need food to live.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
i liked the episode where all his old robots rose up and rebelled against him

Dude, I totally forgot about that episode. My absolute favorite was either the one where he went to detention, or when he and Dee Dee discovered coffee.
Quote by CoreysMonster
OMLETTE DEU FROMAGE!

(excuse my horrid french spelling)

Oh god that eppisode...

He gets all the babes and everything, with that one simple line. That kids a true genius.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

If you could find a substance really god damn dense in calories, you could probably just make a capsule with that + essential vitamins/minerals.

But is that a life worth living?
I think they should make a pill that has all the things you need, expands in your stomach, and it deteriorates throughout the day.

For now, most people don't eat food purely for nutrition, but for the taste.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
well people get fed through drips and what not, so I don't see why pills couldn't be used the same way. But you would probaly have to eat alot of them so its pretty much just like eatting ****ty food in pill form
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Quote by El Hilliaro
If you just took supplements and water then your organs would probably break down and become weak from the inactivity (not having to break down and digest food).

that's the one.

Also, why wouldn't you want to eat food?
It tastes amazing!
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.