Page 1 of 3
I know Fenders aren't typically good for metal, but if you had to pick one model what would it be?

I plan to set the volume at 8 out of 12 and use an OD pedal for more gain.
"teh most gains"
I'm using a little Super Champ XD and it works pretty damn well for the price. As long as you're not looking for a death metal amount of gain (I'm not), you could be cool with most types of metal.
fender supersonic would actually do pretty well.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Fender Prosonic, or any Fender tube amp that was first manufactured in the 1980s - most of them are based around Paul Rivera's "Boogie" design.
why fender?
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
A Fender which does not say Fender on it, but /Bugera or Mesa or some equivalent. Don't get me wrong - i love my hot rod, but it;s a low gain amp, which is why i brought it, i mainly play low gain. If you want metal you want high gain =/= fender
Quote by doive
If you want metal you want high gain =/= fender

Fender MH-500 says Hi
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I've heard that the prosonic is the most high gain Fender tube amp. It's been discontinued for a long time now but I've seen some used one.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Fender MH-500

+1

I didn't care for it...but if you want metal from a Fender...
lul wut?

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Prosonic or Supersonic, both great sounding high gained Fenders, Prosonic has been Discoed, but was replaced buy the supersonic, they are pretty much the same amp, the main difference is the Prosonic's is Tube rectified vs. Supersonic's is SS rectified.
/thread
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by MatrixClaw
lul wut?

5153 = EVH, yes its made by Fender, but its not a Fender its and EVH amp
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by MatrixClaw
lul wut?

made by Fender

Good enough for me

Seriously tho, unless there is some kind patent/copyright/trademark issue I REALLY wish Fender could capitalize on this and come out with some amps that you know......rock a little harder.
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.
"teh most gains"
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Mesa is made by Americans in America.
the 5150/6505(not the combo) is made in America by Americans.

...............well some of them might be made by our mexican hombres
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Sep 14, 2009,
Quote by mountain2012

Ever heard of a fella named Randall Smith? I've heard he makes some pretty good 'American' amps.
Twin Reverb with pedals is a decent metal setup as long as you aren't looking to play death metal
Actually on a serious note, I'm willing to bet a Fender through a different speaker cab would work fine for metal. In fact, maybe even very well.

Their stock speakers are voiced very much towards cleans and light blues drive, which is 90% of the reason they don't sound good for heavier styles.
Quote by mountain2012

Wow, this is stupid. I hope you're kidding. Why do you want THE american rock sound if you want to play metal...
Quote by mountain2012

Good luck with that one...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
+1 on the 5150 III, I was just going to recommend it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Its ok to be proud of your country, But dont be retarded. There are lots of Metal amps made in America. Mesa, high end Peavy's om pretty sure, and some others.
Quote by nickdohle
Its ok to be proud of your country, But dont be retarded. There are lots of Metal amps made in America. Mesa, high end Peavy's om pretty sure, and some others.

+1

Splawn, Mojave Ampworks, Budda Superdrive series, Titan, Soldano, Madison Amps...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by mountain2012

lol
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Quote by mountain2012

Best. Thread. Ever.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Best. Thread. Ever.

Yea, nobody's gonna sig that?^

What 311 said the first time... jojo

Or what the guys that said prosonic/supersonic/5153/superchampxd said. i'll toss in the vibrochampxd for the 5 watt love.
Epic. Must be a troll...

I like the sound of hot rod deluxes, but anything with a clean channel + a decent Engl preamp or similar MAY work.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Page 1 of 3