Today was probably the greatest day of my life. As I'm driving past my front door to pull into the driveway, I notice 2 boxes sitting at my front door. As I take a closer look at the boxes, I notice there is a heart on them, and I nearly cried. I took the 2 boxes upstairs to my room as fast as I could and tore them open. I turned up the volume a little and strummed a G chord.

I came.

Twice.

It's a pretty nice upgrade from a Spider III, I'd say

Here's some amp pr0nz (sorry for extremely bad picture quality, pics were taken with my phone)

The head:

The stack:

The family: (pretty simplistic )

I haven't been home alone yet, so I haven't been able ot turn it up loud enough to know what the natural overdrive of the amp sounds like, but the amp and the Tubescreamer go together very well. I've got no complaints with this amp.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Sep 14, 2009,
congrats man, always wanted to try one of those.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Congrats! I know you've been saving for a long time.
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Cool, great lil amp, I have one myself.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
Welcome to the Blackheart family. You will love the Little Giant. Now go give it a workout!
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Quote by WtrPlyr
Nice! I still want a Killer Ant.

+! those little thing are awesome

HNAD TS I made the move from bad amp (MG) to a nice amp this year as well and it really made me play more.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
HNAD

What are the cleans like on it?

I haven't played it enough to give you a very detailed review on it, but from what I've observed so far...

The cleans on the 3 watt setting are very, idk how to say it, "glossy" (not to be confused with "glassy"). I'd mostly use cleans on the 3 watt setting for strumming/arpeggiating chords. On the 5 watt setting, they are more punchy and aggressive, and pretty responsive to how hard/easy you attack the strings. Hope that's good enough for ya
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Sep 15, 2009,
Quote by SimplyBen
+! those little thing are awesome

HNAD TS I made the move from bad amp (MG) to a nice amp this year as well and it really made me play more.

Oh, me too. We have 8 periods in a day at school and right around 2nd or 3rd period I was already missing my amp, whereas when I had my Spider III I was just like, meh.
Off topic, but about your Agile, how much did you pay for it/does it sound and play good?
Sending a dummy to my God.

Quote by protest000
Off topic, but about your Agile, how much did you pay for it/does it sound and play good?

I paid $199 for it and yeah, it sounds great. Not as great as an actual Gibson Les Paul, but I like a lot better than some Epiphone Les Pauls I've tried (for the record, I'm not one of those people who glorify Agiles). Honestly, it's definitely worth the money if you're on a budget... But if you've got the money to buy a Gibson, I'd personally go with the Gibson.
I got a couple questions, considering this is my first tube amp...

1. It doesn't have a standby switch, but when I turn it on, it takes like 15-20 seconds for the sound to actually start coming from the speaker. Is that a problem, or is it normal?

2. The tubes are supposed to glow red, right?

3. For some reason, the power switch and the pentode/triode switch is warm. Idk, I just thought this was strange, so I wanted to know if it's normal or not lol.
I got a couple questions, considering this is my first tube amp...

1. It doesn't have a standby switch, but when I turn it on, it takes like 15-20 seconds for the sound to actually start coming from the speaker. Is that a problem, or is it normal? Yes,its normal

2. The tubes are supposed to glow red, right? Some time its Blue too

3. For some reason, the power switch and the pentode/triode switch is warm. Idk, I just thought this was strange, so I wanted to know if it's normal or not lol.
IDK about that one
1. That's fine although maybe a little longer than i'd expect

2. Yep, red or orange is all good

3. Don't know what's caused that but i doubt it's anything to be concerned about
I may have come up with a solution for #3. It may be the electricity making them warm. Possibly? Kinda like a lightbulb or when you use your cell phone for a long period of time and it gets warm... I'm guessing that may be it.
The tubes get hot, the heat warms up the metal casing for the guts of the amp. This makes the switches warm. My Blackheart does the same thing.

Welcome to the Blackheart family! I know exactly what you mean about just strumming a chord and having an eargasm. I went from a Fender Frontman 15G to my Little Giant. The difference is lightly described as substantial Quick question though, have you gotten a chance to crank it on 5 watts? If you have, do you think the sound is really harsh? As in the highs are kinda painful?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
When you turn your amp on, leave the volume down for the same time it takes for the tubes to warm up enough to make any sound. Apparently, this compensates (to a degree) for a lack of standby switch.

HNAD! You'll love the amp. I wish I still has my Blackheart but alas, it was too loud.

EDIT: Natrone, I know what you mean. I thinka tube change is one of the best things to smooth out the highs on this amp. It seems to be the only thing they skimped on.
Last edited by greggybhoy at Sep 15, 2009,
Quote by Natrone
Quick question though, have you gotten a chance to crank it on 5 watts? If you have, do you think the sound is really harsh? As in the highs are kinda painful?

I haven't been able ot crank it on 5 watts, the highest volume I've been able to crank it to with my parents home is 3. But I know what you mean, when I run my Tubescreamer in front of it, the higher notes, especially on the e string, kinda hurt the ears in a bad way. I usually like a pretty trebly tone, but until I find a way to soften up the higher notes, I have to have my treble at 5, sometimes even lower, and I have to turn the tone knob on my guitar and my Tubescreamer down a little.

The odd thing is, is that my Spider used to do it (not just cuz its a Spider, though ) but when I would use it to play some shows, it didn't do it... So I'm guessing the reason it seems like it's harsh to the ears while is because:
1) it's not mixed together with other instruments
and/or
2) the adrenaline from playing the show blocked out the pain in my ears lol.

those are really my only explanations for it