Hi all-

i have a peavey vypyr 15 watt combo, which is all good for practicing and stuff, but I'm starting to think that I might want to upgrade to something a bit bigger. also since im starting a band, i think i'll probably want to get something that can play with a drummer. I play rock, post-hardcore, and alternative, as well as some classic rock and clean stuff, so i need somethin pretty versatile. I'm looking to get something fairly cheap, as i'm not all that experienced, (been playing around 2 years) so my budget is around $200-$300 USD.

I also know absolutely NOTHING about amps, so help me out please
Last edited by TehNoobGuitarz at Sep 14, 2009,
My budget is probably around $250..i'm not sure though because my birthdays coming up so i know ill get some cash then

i play mainly rock, metalcore, and hardcore, as well as some clean stuff so i figure i need something that's pretty versatile
Quote by Crashed_Wave
There's a 65W Fender Frontman amp. It's priced around $200.
Link

I'm thinking about getting this myself...

so would i probably have to use a pedal to get more high-gain tones out of it, or would just the normal dirty channel be enough?
how bout this,wait till your Bday,get some cash and go buy a tube amp

make sure you dont get any Sh!tty SS amp
Quote by TehNoobGuitarz
so would i probably have to use a pedal to get more high-gain tones out of it, or would just the normal dirty channel be enough?

The overdrive is great on the 15W version, I've played the 65W at GC and it sounds great. If you want a classic rock and roll crunchy overdrive sound, you'll get it. If your looking for an effect combo amp, I highly suggest a Line 6. They just came out with a new line of models. I currently have a 15W Spider III from Line 6 and it is a fantastic practice amp. The newer ones have tuners and crazy effects built into them.
Quote by qsceszxdwa
^^ Are you a troll?

What? How am I trolling? Do you know what trolling means?
Quote by Crashed_Wave
What? How am I trolling? Do you know what trolling means?

Why the F**K you recommend Line 6
Frontman and Spider are 2 crappy amps, widely hated around here, don't go for those.

For 250 you could go used Peavey Windsor + Cab, or the used combo. It's supposed to be similar to a Marshall JCM800 so it should be able to do rock and metal without a prob. If it doesn't, you can just boost it with an OD.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||