I was just playing LAN multiplayer with some friends and one of them was byzantine and made a ****load of cataphracts. They overwhelmed me and couldn't be put down with anything.

How do i beat elite cataphracts?
build a wonder dude.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
build a wonder dude.

This.

Or Play as Persia and spam elephants .

If not, use pikemen.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Or be aztec, fully upgrade eagle warriors, make a few barracks, and spam the **** out of them. Raid a town with them, they take no god damn prisoners.
Quote by samick007
Hit enter and type this: "HOW DO YOU TURN THIS ON"

Fuck YEA!

El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
ass load of archer units or spear units. or build castles galore
how do you turn this thing on?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
ive tried halberdiers and pikemen... but the cataphracts have an advantage against all infantry.
Quote by geetarguy13
ive tried halberdiers and pikemen... but the cataphracts have an advantage against all infantry.

Castles walls and towers?

EDIT:Or Oregers, they screw just about all units royally.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
Camels, also, their expensive, so just cut out your oppenent before he can create them.
Also, archers.
Anyone who says any infantry can suck a dick.
Quote by eldanny
Fuck YEA!

*High Five*

Best game cheat ever in the history of the universe FTW!!!

It made the game not fun anymore though too easy to win.
conquistadors work pretty well - they have a ranged attack to pick off the cataphracts. just concentrate on one at a time. but i haven't played in a while...
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by samick007
Best game cheat ever in the history of the universe FTW!!!

It made the game not fun anymore though too easy to win.

Then just don't use cheats or put the difficulty up.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
Quote by eldanny
Then just don't use cheats or put the difficulty up.

But that isn't nearly as fun. Why spend 30 min building up an army of puny horsemen that die instantly if I can create a car with machine guns and simply mow down everything?
Mamelukes, conquistadors, Mangudais, camels, archers, onagers, bombard cannons, scorpions
Last edited by pepsi1187 at Sep 14, 2009,
Just get fully upgraded paladins and spam them,always works for me. Or pikemen I'd assume.
Conquistadors, or even better, the Mongol special unit (name escapes me) or elite marmelukes.
Up The Boro!
Pikemen would be the obvious choice, since cataphracts are mounted. But I'd go with something with more range. Be Chinese, and spam elite Chu Ko Nu. If range isn't your thing be Persian and spam Elite Elephants. Don't build a Wonder. They take too long if you don't have a ton of villagers on it and if you have too many viallgers you don't have enough fighting units.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Mongol Mangudai
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Quote by Oddsbodkins
Conquistadors, or even better, the Mongol special unit (name escapes me) or elite marmelukes.

mangudais
Quote by samick007
But that isn't nearly as fun. Why spend 30 min building up an army of puny horsemen that die instantly if I can create a car with machine guns and simply mow down everything?

They're not always fun, I remember a level of the Hunnic campaign that featured the sacking of Constantipole. I spamed them like rabbits, but the AI caught onto what I was doing and spammed monks. Because they don't change colour when they're converted it took me ages to work out what was going on, and it became a huge nucence.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
Quote by simmy17
*reported* Gaming thread.

El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
Quote by simmy17
*reported* Gaming thread.

go stick it in a rape-axe
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
http://www.gamefaqs.com/

Pikemen or similar level heavy horsemen.

also you guys have take the discussion to the game thread unfortunately
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o