I know it's not technically supposed to be out till tomorrow but since I pre-ordered it I was pleasently surprised to see it in the mail today and listened to the whole thing on the way to work. Wanted to get people's thoughts and opinions on it so far.

The (what seem to be) singles are Still I Rise and King of Nothing featuring Randy Blythe with guest vocals. Though a lot of people are not a fan of Still I Rise, I think it's quite good. This is coming from a big fan of Art of Balance and War Within too. It's a very radio friendly song from a great heavy metal band and that helps expose metal in a more gradual way to the general public. This is what Killswitch Engaged and Disturbed have been doing for the last several years and though I'm not a huge fan of them I'm really happy that they're doing it.

Anyways, despite having heard every song about a week ago on youtube when it was leaked, I was still siked to hear it all again. I got the special edition with the 3 cover songs, including Bark at the Moon but I haven't had a chance to hear them yet since I pulled into work literally as the cd's final SF song Dead and Gone ended. I guess that's what the ride home is for.

I'm a big fan of this new album except for maybe 1 song, so I'm very happy with this release. Please post your thoughts and opinions if you got the album as well or even if all you heard is the 2 singles. Don't worry, most of the songs on the album are better those 2.

Quote by bdof
It's a very radio friendly song from a great heavy metal band and that helps expose metal in a more gradual way to the general public. This is what Killswitch Engaged and Disturbed have been doing for the last several years and though I'm not a huge fan of them I'm really happy that they're doing it.

Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Does this album sound like Threads of Life?
I wasn't really a big fan of that album.
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Quote by romencer17

You got a problem with what I said?
Clearly a is all you can muster as an argument.
So please....enlighten
Quote by 666Sabbath666
Does this album sound like Threads of Life?
I wasn't really a big fan of that album.

No, not much at all. Some might think that because it has like 2-3 songs that are quite Hard Rock rather then heavy metal. And some won't like those songs cause they're not Br00talZ and fast. I like them because they do what Threads tried but this time suceeded. I like Brian's take on those songs when he calls them "Arena Rock-ish". They do go from one extreme to another with great speed, to really heavy, to "Arena Rock-ish". They space out the songs really well to so it's a very balanced record
Quote by genghisgandhi
all i know is that the lead singer has epic hair

**** yeah
Did you see them on Jimmy Fallon? It's on youtube. First minute is just a huge ****ing headbang windmill.
Bet most people tuning in weren't expecting that from your run of the mill music guest