Hi, I've been saving up money for awhile now, and I have $850. I'm playing a gig in a week, so I need a new amp, I can't save any more money, so $850 is as high as I can go for this amp. I play classic rock, hard rock, and blues rock. I like the Beatles, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, and bands within that spectrum. I play mostly at home, but I play the occasional small gig, and I would like a tube amp. If you think a solid state amp would be better for me, I'll be sure to check it out. Also, cleans are pretty important to me, so I would like the amp to be at least 2 channels. I wouldn't mind going used, but I prefer new, as I don't have time to look for deals. I live in the US, specifically near Orlando, Florida, but many of the stores in my town are crappy. I'd like to buy from the Guitar Center though.

One other thing, and I don't know if this is possible, is to get some kind of watts control built into the amp, so that I can push my amp harder without turning it up so much. If this isn't possible, oh well. Also, are there any amps like the Hayden Mofo that have 2 voicings? I can't get one over here.

Thanks for any help.
Quote by chewman44
Hi, I've been saving up money for awhile now, and I have $850. I'm playing a gig in a week, so I need a new amp, I can't save any more money, so $850 is as high as I can go for this amp. I play classic rock, hard rock, and blues rock. I like the Beatles, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, and bands within that spectrum. I play mostly at home, but I play the occasional small gig, and I would like a tube amp. If you think a solid state amp would be better for me, I'll be sure to check it out. Also, cleans are pretty important to me, so I would like the amp to be at least 2 channels. I wouldn't mind going used, but I prefer new, as I don't have time to look for deals. I live in the US, specifically near Orlando, Florida, but many of the stores in my town are crappy. I'd like to buy from the Guitar Center though.

One other thing, and I don't know if this is possible, is to get some kind of watts control built into the amp, so that I can push my amp harder without turning it up so much. If this isn't possible, oh well. Also, are there any amps like the Hayden Mofo that have 2 voicings? I can't get one over here.

Thanks for any help.

Based on what you said, there are a few amps you should consider, the main one that comes to mind, not just because I own this amp, is the Egnater Rebel 30 Combo. It has variable wattage control, the feature you mentioned, so it can go from 1 to 30 watts on each channel. It can do any of the genres you mentioned beautifully, and has excellent cleans too. It also has a tube mix feature, which does the same thing as the Hayden Mofo. It has 2 sets of power tubes, one to give you a Fender-Type voicing, one to give you a Marshall-Type voicing. It also has really effective EQ controls, allowing you to shape your sound well. Finally, the Rebel 30 has Reverb and a Record Out setting, which is convenient. Although the amp is $900, you’ll be able to talk Musiciansfriend down to $800 if you wish; I’ve got friends that have done it.

The only other amps I can think of that would do your genres well are a Line 6 Flextone, which is a great solid state amp, the, Peavey Classic 30, the Carvin X100b, the Carvin Nomad, and the Bugera V22. The Flextone doesn’t need a wattage control, as it’s a solid state and there are no tubes to push. It’s got great modeling of everything except blues really, and blues is just good. Try it out, it’s an excellent amp for the price.

The Peavey Classic 30 is sort of like a stripped-down Rebel; it’s cheaper, but it doesn’t have tube mix or variable wattage control. Very good amp, worth trying out if those extra features aren’t essential.

The Carvin X100b is a great amp with excellent cleans, variable wattage control, and a good 5-band EQ section. Solid tone for everything but heavy metal really. Unfortunately, you can’t try out a Carvin unless you visit them or find one used. This amp may be a little big for your needs in terms of portability.

The Carvin Nomad is a more vintage-voiced amp, and won’t do Van Halen without some kind of boost. I can’t recall whether it has variable wattage control, and it doesn’t have a tube mix feature. Worth looking into, Joe Walsh actually uses one on stage. I would read up on Carvin’s site about the Nomad and X100b.

Finally, the V22. It’s a good vintage-voiced amp with great tone, but lacks the tube mix and variable wattage control. Once again, worth looking into even if only for the price to tone ratio. However, Bugeras are notorious for reliability issues, so be wary, and consider getting an extended warranty with some of the money you save.

Thanks for actually being specific about what you want, it was really easy to give you recommendations.

Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
You forgot the Traynor YCV 50 BLUE and YCS 50.

OP, you may find a Marshall JCM 800 or 900 within your budget, which would be absolutely perfect for what you want.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
You forgot the Traynor YCV 50 BLUE and YCS 50.

OP, you may find a Marshall JCM 800 or 900 within your budget, which would be absolutely perfect for what you want.

These are good options too, but I've never tried the Traynors, just heard excellent things about them.

Also, he said he doesn't want to go used, because he's got a show soon. I doubt he can find one in time. If you can, TS, that's an excellent idea as well. I really love my Egnater though, and it's nearly perfect for everything you listed.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Line 6 Spider II lolololololol.

But no, Egnater 20, Dual terror, Vox AC15, are all good amps that seem to fit the bill for you.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'm going to guitar center, and I'll check out the Egnater, the Traynor, the Flextone, and I'll try to find a used JCM800 if I can.