Searched, thread was long gone.

Been looking at the Bugera BVP5500. I've seen it in different net stores, and seen many people post about that they own it and love it. But one thing eludes me; Sound clips. I can't find a single sound clip from a bugera bass amp ANYWHERE.

So in a last effort, does anyone here own one? And even more importantly, could this person give a sound demo?

If these amps perform anything like their guitar counterparts (that is, very nice copies of expensive amps, and in many cases even surpassing), it's a sale.

EDIT: If this belongs in another forum, it would be nice if a mod moved it.
Last edited by anubiz03 at Sep 14, 2009,
If you have a GC nearby or a music shop with one ask them to try it out.
I don't read, I look at words and absorb their meanings.
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
Quote by STAN_THA_MAN
If you have a GC nearby or a music shop with one ask them to try it out.

Nearest one would be in Germany. Quite a long way.
Bugera are a company owned by Behringer, my first instinct would be to avoid it like the plague

EDIT: Like behringer they only quote peak power for their gear

http://www.behringerdownload.de/BVP5500/BVP5500_P0767_OI_EN.pdf - page 12
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Last edited by Double Basser at Sep 15, 2009,
I'd tend to agree with double basser on the Bugera being owned by behringer and thus it should be avoided like the plague... But my guitarist bought a 333xl guitar amp and it's insane for the price it's quite amazing the only issue it's ever had is one LED doesn't work which surprised all of us.

All you can do is try it out OP if you can find one.
I am me. Live with it.
^true, but i know people who have had behringers for years without issue but others who have just had the worst run imaginable.

I just don't think it's worth the risk
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Quote by Double Basser
^true, but i know people who have had behringers for years without issue but others who have just had the worst run imaginable.

I just don't think it's worth the risk

Own a 333xl myself, amazing sounding amp, and hasn't broken down once, no matter how much I torture it.
It's still a behringer at heart, and 99% of behringers (at least bass wise) break and sound horrible.

Also just because a company makes good guitar products does not mean they make good bass products (think gibson)
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Quote by Double Basser
It's still a behringer at heart, and 99% of behringers (at least bass wise) break and sound horrible.

Also just because a company makes good guitar products does not mean they make good bass products (think gibson)

Are you actually quote real stats or are you making things up? I've never heard bad things about Bugera...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Are you actually quote real stats or are you making things up? I've never heard bad things about Bugera...

Obviously making stuff up.

People just can't get over the fact that they sound great. My friends had the same thoughts about Agile guitars. "Oh no but it's still cheap so it can't be good"

If Bugera had priced their amps 800 bucks + their current price, people would be all over them.

EDIT: But still, this discussion belongs somewhere else, I was just checking if anyone could give a sample of how the bass amps sounded. I guess no one can.
Last edited by anubiz03 at Sep 15, 2009,
Quote by ChemicalFire

It's called an exaggeration, perhaps you've heard of it.

The fact remains that the parent companies stuff is unreliable at best so it really doesn't matter how good it sounds. I just don't want to see TS down a lot of money.

Sure if Bugera had a good reputation for bass products I'd tell him to go for it, but since they have no reputation for Bass gear you can only go on what the parent company has done, which is utter shit.

TS look at Hartke, Ashdown, Warwick and any other company that quotes RMS instead of Peak wattage.

EDIT: Just did a quick browse on google, it seems Bugera's have the same cheap circuitry as behringers which is prone to breaking. So i say avoid, but if you are set on iti won't stop you, just be prepared to fork out to rewire the whole thing.
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab