Anybody else out there running 2 guitar amps at the same time? I got the idea after watching some stuff about steve vai's new gear. I like it a lot.
I just have my guitar running into a boss tuner pedal, output to my tube amp, bypass to my solid. The solid's turned down and the clean channel is able to be played alone, i set the overdrive to be just for effects from the amp, and the high gain channel as silent. I use the foot switch to control it. then, to the tube, i have my boss ds-1.
Anyone else doing something similar?
Yeah man, you just need an A/B/Y box. A lot of touring guitarists do it. Works really nicely for blending tones.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Oh then you leave them both on continually, right?

You're using the mono/stereo outputs on the pedal.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
output can be muted, so i have that control over the tube, and the solid has the channel set up to be silent, so i can run one, both or the other.
Quote by strat0blaster
Yeah man, you just need an A/B/Y box. A lot of touring guitarists do it. Works really nicely for blending tones.

That works great, i dont' have on tho, but i have a mixer and i have a "main out", "eq out", "monitor out" and "efx out" which i can choose the levels off all seperately so in the past i had 2 of htem going to amps and then the other two for my mic and other instruments, but an A/B/Y box would be ideal
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
What happens if you can mic more than one cab? I always thing of running my RV50 with a 5150, and split my cab to stereo, but usually you get one 57..
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
There is a pan pedal I think by korg that is a good alternative to an A/B box because you can vary the amount of signal to each amp.
I'm running my guitar wireless sending it to my XXX and dual recto.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.