So a while ago I bought a pair of GFs's blowout pups for my les paul, however the wires didn't fit so it sat on the work bench untouched. I went back last night with the intention of giving it another go, but I found the wires were all chewed up, I guess a mouse got at them. I had to trim the leads and I'm now left with about 4 inches of leade per pickup left. What I want to know is if there is a way I can remove the leads completely and solder on new ones turning it from a 4 wire lead into just a 2 wire one? If so I'm gonna need to know which wire to solder where on the pickup. Phil or Cord could you help me out with this?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
are you sure you only want 2 wire? because you could just continue the current wires with new wire and still have the options.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
yes I am sure I only want 2 wire. I am not going to do any coil tapping on this guitar, now or in the future. That tutorial is for going from 2 wire to 4 wire which is the opposite of what I want to do. I want to only have 2 22 guage wires running from each pup otherwise I wont be able to get the wires through.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

bump, anyone got any idea how to do this?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Do the 4-wire and just tape off the extras in the pickup cavity?

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
it already is 4 wire, I only have 4 inches of lead left though. I would rather solder directly at the point the wire needs to go than solder wire to wire
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

I think you could just point-solder them. What's the worst that could happen? (Yes I know this is bad advice, but it's basically the only option you have.)

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Last edited by bv310 at Sep 22, 2009,