Long story short, me and two of my friends have been intersted in making a band. We decided to be a three piece-one guitar, one bass, one drum and all of us for vocals. Well none of us play the drums, so one of my friends said he would take them up, but the other guy stepped up and said his girlfriend could play the part of the drummer (her dad has a drum set). Which would be ok, except she has no musical history and they just want to be in the band to spend more time together. Even though they see eachother EVERYDAY! Basically I think that if she's in, I'm out. I've tried to talk to my friend about it and he just got mad at me and kept coming up with reasons why his girlfriend should be in the band. What should I do?
Nothing wrong with having a female in a band.

However, since she is dating another person in the band, conflict could arise in the near future that could make or break their relationship, and if enough damage is done to the guy, he may quit as well.

But, maybe nothing arises and things turn out great.

My Point? Stay quiet, let her in the band, and try to hold the rage in if you get to that point due to them both being in the band. But as soon as things in their relationship start slipping due to the band, make that point to your friend and if he continues to be against you then, leave the band or kick him out and find someone else. I can already tell that guy is gonna bail out if the band goes nowhere fast. I just have one of those feelings..
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God
Give her a chance? Look at Meg White. She's pretty awesome.

But give her a try then show your friend how bad you think she is. Not to sound mean or anything.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by vinnie-watt5
Give her a chance? Look at Meg White. She's pretty awesome.

But give her a try then show your friend how bad you think she is. Not to sound mean or anything.

Meg White, awesome? In your eyes, yes, in mine? No.

She could be way better.

But on topic, TS, what kind of music are you guys playing?
This may seem like a silly question but, can she actually play drums well?

If not, your bandmate is just trying to use the band to get laid, which is pathetic, I would be really offended if my bassist bought his airhead girlfriend in to play just to be nice to her and spend more time with her.

If she can play well, then fair enough, you've got a decent drummer with equipment, but if not then you need to give your bandmate a good slap.
That's the thing though, she has NO musical background. She has NEVER played an instrument, and drums isn't just something you can pick up and play. And I'm really worrying that they won't take the music as seriously as me and the other guitarist will. And by the way we play black and death metal.
Black and death metal with a brand new drummer? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Take a stand man. It's hard I know but they'll respect you more for it in the end.
Quote by BloodlineEntity
That's the thing though, she has NO musical background. She has NEVER played an instrument, and drums isn't just something you can pick up and play. And I'm really worrying that they won't take the music as seriously as me and the other guitarist will. And by the way we play black and death metal.

Your bandmate is a new kind of stupid. Drums are a little easier to pick up than guitar/bass, but there is no way anyone can start playing death metal drums from scratch. Reading these posts has actually made me a little angry, get rid of this guy now, he's obviously not taking this seriously at all, and if he'll do something this monumentally stupid then he's clearly not interested in music at all, he just wants to get laid.

Find an experienced drummer, who can play with speed, accuracy, and can play double bass and blast beats, that is what you need. And while you're at it, get rid of the guy this thread is about, he's a f***ing idiot.

Quote by DragTheWaters11
Well, considering the genre... (NOT TO BE SEXIST OR ANYTHING)

But I don't see a female drumming in a black or death metal band anytime in the near future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPNKCpyAYlk

A few angry Greek ladies seem to disagree with you.

It's perfectly fine for women to play metal, but they need to actually be able to play their instruments, and not just be in the band to spend time with their boyfriend.
Last edited by SilentHeaven109 at Sep 16, 2009,
Quote by BloodlineEntity

Well, considering the genre... (NOT TO BE SEXIST OR ANYTHING)

But I don't see a female drumming in a black or death metal band anytime in the near future. Especially one that has no background.

But as previously stated, your bandmate is an airhead. And a loser, also. Anyone who brings a girl into a band for the only reason being them spending time together, is a loser. Kick him out, and kick her out. Considering the way he's acting now, he wont ever be useful in the band.