im afraid to click it...

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I wouldn't pay $5 for that let alone 35
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Try my Automatic Friend Request Promotion Plans. In these promotional plans we login into your account and send out 300 friend request a day, five days a week until the term of your plan has been reached.

Oh boy, $50 to let some asshole log into my account and send out random friend requests which mean jack ****. They don't even give you the right price (listed $35, $50 on the actual website). What a scam, stay far away.
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
This is definitely a scam.

No company, in any way, should ever need your login information.
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
There will be zero tolerance
Fate is your deciding God
1. Some joker gets your login and spends 6 hrs a day doing nothing but sending friend requests for five days a week for an entire month.... for $35? Or even $50? Do you really think they're going to send that many, as the time it takes to do it means them working for about a dollar an hour?

2. Myspace is on the way out anyways. Only bands still use it. In two years, they'll be like Geocities.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
They've probably got an automated system that does it, but still, adding random people as your friends on myspace isn't going to do you too much good.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Stay far away.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
thats what i thought. i figured just put it out here so other people who see this will know to stay away
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")
This is the one I use, there is a demo that lets you send out like 50 requests a day. Full version is unlimited I think. I use it, except I got my full version from a torrent.

Its not all that great though, sure you can add heaps of people but only about half will accept from bands, and a quarter of those will actually listen to the music, and even less will comment on it.

Like another poster said, myspace is on its way out now. It's got too messy and cluttered. Bands are only using it these days until they can afford to get their own website up.

Once you have a fan base on myspace with people who keep coming back it can be good. You can use the program to send out mass comments and messages about gigs, and new Merc you may have.

anyway heres the link

http://www.friend-blaster-pro.com/download.php

EDIT: Aparently there is a limit to how many requests you can make a day.
Last edited by Casuist at Sep 15, 2009,
Haha..... something funny about torrenting spam-ware.

I don't know if Myspace's problem is so much being bulky and cluttered as much as it is the fact they are no longer the flavour of the month. Geocities was king. Then it was something else I can't even remember. Then Myspace. Now Facebook. Next.... who knows. Twitter has been making a good try, but it lacks the features a lot of people like. Friendfeed was bought out by Myspace. Meh....

"they will never forget you till somebody new comes along"

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Having a lot of friends on myspace does not translate into a large fan base. Pressing the "add friend" button is not what a promotional company should do.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Absolute balls, mostly because no-one gets a friend request on Myspace and goes, wow, another band, I can't wait to listen to this! They either accept and that's the last of it, or decline, except for a brave few who might listen to a tune or two and go 'meh'.

Success in music promotion is about hard work, networking (with real people, not on some ****ty website), knowing the right people, image, luck, and hard work.
Myspace is dying obviously, friend count is nothing. I personally think no one site is going to be king anymore especially for musicians. People are on facebook most, but I can see even that declining, but very slowly.

On a side note, I talked to an A+R rep today and he is probably going to shop my band to a couple of labels. I can't expect much but it's still kind of exciting. He manages a bunch of bands on legit labels now.
It used to be (probly not anymore) that it was the number of listens,fans, downloads, visits you had that the 'scouts' were interested in. Some bands got picked up and made famous overnight because of myspace. Nowadays though, there's software out there that can put up the count on all these things without you even having to be at your computer.
yeah, job for a cowboy was like that... overnight myspace success story... half a handful in a million.
Quote by axemanchris
Haha..... something funny about torrenting spam-ware.

I don't know if Myspace's problem is so much being bulky and cluttered as much as it is the fact they are no longer the flavour of the month. Geocities was king. Then it was something else I can't even remember. Then Myspace. Now Facebook. Next.... who knows. Twitter has been making a good try, but it lacks the features a lot of people like. Friendfeed was bought out by Myspace. Meh....

"they will never forget you till somebody new comes along"

CT

the big problem with facebook is that the band pages are just too removed from the personal ones. on myspace, you added bands because it felt like you were adding them and could send them messages and it was social and nice and egalitarian. i don't feel that with facebook. it doesn't help either that it just isn't practical to find bands on facebook. i used to stumble across bands on myspace and then add them all the time. it was great if you were in a band too. just send out a bulletin and hey ho, you just reached a few thousand people.

i think myspace will stick around for a while, because it provides a good format for displaying your music, although with the way bandwidth costs are dropping and open source CMSs are becoming easier to use it is becoming more and more realistic just to set up your own website and do it all that way. still, i'll sooner go to a bands myspace than their website, because i know how to find their music their easily.

i do think that its become harder to engage meaningfully with fans though. myspace was really useful, and i don't think anything has really filled the void it has left.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
^ yeah myspace was useful for bands, facebook isnt as much, theres no realy way of editing the page so theres no real personality to it.
I hope myspace sticks around for a while due to the impact its had on bands connecting to fans.

With a bands own website, you can have a mailing list and sho details but it's not like you'll check it once a week or being able to really communicate with them via comments. Myspace just had that personal touch in my opinion.
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.