Alright guys, the Zune HD is officially released in about ten minutes. Anyone getting one? I pre-ordered mine on Walmart.com but I doubt I'll have it by tomorrow

Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by Well.......
I would get one, but it is only 2gb more than the Zune I have now.

And I don't have the money.

Yeah I'll be upgrading from a first-gen 30 gb Zune but it's starting to have some problems, so it would probably give out on me within a couple of months anyway.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
i wanna get one cause the new iTouch hasn't really changed from the old one, so i wanna see what the HD is all about
Quote by nexteyenate
Yeah I'll be upgrading from a first-gen 30 gb Zune but it's starting to have some problems, so it would probably give out on me within a couple of months anyway.

I also have a first-gen, but I would only upgrade to the 80bg or 120gb. I only need the space, not all the other things,
Yeah I'm waiting for reviews. Looks much nicer than the ipod touch 3G though IMO. The lack of camera and mic in the new ipod pretty much killed the sale for me.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Quote by Well.......
I also have a first-gen, but I would only upgrade to the 80bg or 120gb. I only need the space, not all the other things,

I read somewhere that they've been discontinued, so you better buy them sooner than later.
Quote by Doppelgänger
I read somewhere that they've been discontinued, so you better buy them sooner than later.

Yeah I heard that too. Although if space is really an issue, you can always get the updated ipod classic. I think it has a 160GB hard drive now. Just sayin
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Quote by Doppelgänger

The 80's and 120's have been discontinued?
They're going to be US only for a while. So, I'll have my parents send it to me from the states. Seems brilliant. And it's not Apple so that's a win by itself.
I would get one, but it's a Zune.
I'm not creative enough for a cool sig.
Quote by ilikeguitar90
Yeah I'm waiting for reviews. Looks much nicer than the ipod touch 3G though IMO. The lack of camera and mic in the new ipod pretty much killed the sale for me.

The reason that Apple isn't including those in the iPod Touch is because the inclusion of a microphone and a camera basically makes it an iPhone. If it has a microphone you can just use Skype for phone calls, and Apple makes way more money off of the phone.

I'm pretty stoked for the Zune HD. Here's a promo video just recently released (note that it will also play 3D accelerated games):

Promo
Quote by Well.......
The 80's and 120's have been discontinued?

I don't think there's been an official confirmation yet, but a few blog sites have reported it.
"Additional flash Zune devices (Zune 4GB, 8GB and 16GB) and hard drive devices (80GB and 120GB) will continue to be available at retail until sold out, though we will not continue to manufacture those devices."
Quote by Seref
The reason that Apple isn't including those in the iPod Touch is because the inclusion of a microphone and a camera basically makes it an iPhone. If it has a microphone you can just use Skype for phone calls, and Apple makes way more money off of the phone.

I'm pretty stoked for the Zune HD. Here's a promo video just recently released (note that it will also play 3D accelerated games):

Promo

There's actually some strong evidence that a camera was in the prototype, but that it got scrapped because of defective units. I'm not sure about the mic though.

I'm pretty excited about the zune as well!
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at Sep 15, 2009,
Quote by Doppelgänger
I don't think there's been an official confirmation yet, but a few blog sites have reported it.

Those have only been out a couple months haven't they?

Maybe they are planning on larger HD models.