So...is this any good? I play a lot of differing styles from August Burns Red to John Mayer. I've heard great things about this particular amp.

Right now its on Craigslist for $250 which I think is a great bargain. And I'm damn sure I could get him down to just $200. The only downside is that the reverb tank is broken and doesn't work. Thats ok I guess cause I could always run a pedal in the effects loop. I'll be checking it out this Saturday and yes I know the rules: Check out every aspect of the amp and make sure it of quality.

I'm looking into a used cheap tube amp of at least 50 watts because my band is finally getting serious and we might be playing playing bigger gigs soon.

So GG&A, how much of a deal am I getting?
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
save up and get a marshall... 10 times better.
Gear:

Fender fat strat
Ibanez s620ex1
LTD AX-2E

Marshall MG250dfx
Like an MG that you have?? I don't think so...
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
HAHAHA, BUUUURRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNN.

The B52 is a pretty good amp, they're usually pretty highly recommended in metal circles, but I'm sure it'd cover your needs pretty well.
Any more advice on this? Or tube amps in general? This would be my first tube amp. Should I have to go out and buy new tubes for it? If so, what tubes?
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master
I'd go for it if you can get it for $200. Should cover the genres you play good enough. Probably your best bet for the price. I have the AT100 head and I love it.
It's an okay amp for it's price, but if you are into good sound save up for something better, and don't listen to people who want you to get a Marshall if you don't like them.

But for the price you get the B-52, you can't do much wrong.

Not sure if you have to change tubes, maybe they are still in good shape.
You should do tube changes about every 2 years or something depending on how much you use it and at which volume. Also don't just turn it on and start playing, you will have to wait 5-10 minutes before playing to get the tubes "warmed up". And tube amps sound better the more you crank them.

Have fun.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
There is very little I found defective about the amp concerning tone - and the one I tested came all the way from the other side of America – It had suitable blending of preamp and the poweramp gain - which means you'll find a more rounded, ethereal tone, so you can use it for different genres – and it seemed to be build relatively well, although I can't say that for sure.
Anyway, I think you've got yourself a good deal there, and I hope it suits you and your band.
Quote by shanglejr11
Like an MG that you have?? I don't think so...

Seems like a good deal as long as he lets you play it first...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.