Hey guys,I'm a keyboard player looking to start out on the electric guitar(Well maybe because playing leads on the keyboard is not appealing to me anymore ). I would like to know what guitar should I buy(I don't want a cheap practice-for-beginners guitar...Gonna jump straight in the fire ). I'm mostly into heavy metal(metallica kind of heavy). It would be good to have a Floyd Rose in it(Uh..I've heard they're hard to set up).

Oh I prefer solos over bad-ass riffs too( if that info helps...It would be great if the guitar has a cool solo tone.)

not too cheap, not too expensive(300~400$?)
No ESPs though...we don't have a dealer here.(I was leaning towards buying a affordable ESP KH something..but )

As for amps... I don't have them but I have Amp modeling software like Guitar Rig and Amplitude Metal that I connect to my keyboard(Which I'll use with my future guitar). So I guess they're not my priority.

So yeah any suggestions? Thanks
ibanez s series are really nice
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
If you don't mind to go for used, and were leaning towards an cheap-ish KH model, I'd suggest looking on eBay or the sort for an Ibanez RG570. I believe they're generally in your price range, or at least, I bought mine for $300, but they're great guitars for the money and I think they'd suite you quite well; though I'm more of a bassist than guitarist, so I'm sure others will have better suggestions than mine, this is only my opinion. Best of luck.
look into Ibanez and Jackson
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Floyd Rose isn't hard to set up (unless you need to intonate). It just takes a little knowlede, some patience, and a lot of time.

Best trick I know is:
1 block it in the correct final position, unlock nut & set all fine tuners to middle position
2 rough tune it,
3 stretch strings until they don't lose tuning (don't forget to stretch above nut)
4 adjust the spring tension with the claw screws to the point that the block falls out,
5 back the screws off a bit and re-rough tune
6 repeat step 5 until tuning stabilizes
7 lock the nut
8 fine tune with tuners on trem

Done 'till next string change
$400 for an amp and guitar? Also, where are you located?

Philippines dude. Really hard to find quality guitars here.

If you don't mind to go for used, and were leaning towards an cheap-ish KH model, I'd suggest looking on eBay or the sort for an Ibanez RG570. I believe they're generally in your price range, or at least, I bought mine for $300, but they're great guitars for the money and I think they'd suite you quite well; though I'm more of a bassist than guitarist, so I'm sure others will have better suggestions than mine, this is only my opinion. Best of luck.

I would, but with my location..Shipping from ebay is more expensive than the actual guitar

Ibanez seems to be the popular vote..I'll look into them later at the store.

Keep em comin guys..Thanks!
Quote by jetwash69
Floyd Rose isn't hard to set up (unless you need to intonate). It just takes a little knowlede, some patience, and a lot of time.

Best trick I know is:
1 block it in the correct final position, unlock nut & set all fine tuners to middle position
2 rough tune it,
3 stretch strings until they don't lose tuning (don't forget to stretch above nut)
4 adjust the spring tension with the claw screws to the point that the block falls out,
5 back the screws off a bit and re-rough tune
6 repeat step 5 until tuning stabilizes
7 lock the nut
8 fine tune with tuners on trem

Done 'till next string change

Hey thanks man! I'll keep this in mind once I..atleast understand all the parts of the guitar!
If you can, get a used Japanese Jackson out there... their build quality and features for the price are nearly unbeatable.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
2nd hand stuff.... and try some instruments out ur self. ibanez are good metal instruments
the ibanez s series looks sexy! will definitely consider them..

as for jackson ..they're pretty rare here

thanks for the helpful comments by the way
If I were you I would save up till at least $800 then grab something good and would last a long time I'd go schecter since its my first guitar and its still awesome.

I have a hellraiser C1 FR btw FRs arent that hard to set up unless you keep changing your tuning (which could be a pain in the @ss somtimes).