I'm looking for, as the title suggest, a 3-way (though I'd settle for 4-way, maybe 5-way) Tele/Strat style switch that has very smooth movement.
I've tried CRL brand switches before and they're very 'clicky', you can really feel and hear the spring snapping everything into place. I don't like it, I can't casually change pickup selections easily with it, they flick between being too stiff to move initially then you really push them and they spring too far.

I have a MIM Strat (Lone Star model, from the Deluxe range) that has a 5-way switch that I think is perfect, it just goes exactly where I want it and never over-shoots or refuses to move, and barely makes a sound. Idealy, I'd want a 3-way version of that.

The problem is I've found two switches that both claim to be used in Fender guitars.
One is actually made with the Fender logo on the packaging, though other than that I can't find out anything about it. The other is from a company called Oak Gigsby that several sites claim to be used in Fenders.

Basically wondering which of these is probably in my Strat, which will give me the smoother action I'm looking for, or if these can't then is there a third option that will?
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
You gotta find the pcb board types like the ones in the new black jack shecters. I don't know where to find them but I do know they exist.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
I like the Schaller Megaswitches. They are very positive.
You don't so much hear the click, but you definitely feel it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by MrFlibble
I'm looking for, as the title suggest, a 3-way (though I'd settle for 4-way, maybe 5-way) Tele/Strat style switch that has very smooth movement.
I've tried CRL brand switches before and they're very 'clicky', you can really feel and hear the spring snapping everything into place. I don't like it, I can't casually change pickup selections easily with it, they flick between being too stiff to move initially then you really push them and they spring too far.

I have a MIM Strat (Lone Star model, from the Deluxe range) that has a 5-way switch that I think is perfect, it just goes exactly where I want it and never over-shoots or refuses to move, and barely makes a sound. Idealy, I'd want a 3-way version of that.

The problem is I've found two switches that both claim to be used in Fender guitars.
One is actually made with the Fender logo on the packaging, though other than that I can't find out anything about it. The other is from a company called Oak Gigsby that several sites claim to be used in Fenders.

Basically wondering which of these is probably in my Strat, which will give me the smoother action I'm looking for, or if these can't then is there a third option that will?

WD Music, do the OAK and CRL ones.

Two top left ones
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I like the Schaller Megaswitches. They are very positive.
You don't so much hear the click, but you definitely feel it.
Well I'm really only looking for a 3-way ideally, the other options of the various mega and super-5-way switches would just be too much trouble. Also I'm trying to not feel any clicking and whatever.

Quote by Skeet UK
WD Music, do the OAK and CRL ones.

Two top left ones
Well that's what I found before (along with a Fender one on axesrus), but I can't find any info on how any of them feel, other than I've already used a CRL one before and it was horrible.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Well I'm really only looking for a 3-way ideally, the other options of the various mega and super-5-way switches would just be too much trouble. Also I'm trying to not feel any clicking and whatever.
The Schaller Megaswitch Model-T is actually less trouble if you're only intending to do something like Neck/Both/Bridge. The connections are far simpler than a Fender 3-way.

If you don't feel a click, the switch will easily overshoot. If that's what you're looking for, take any of the conventional 3-way switched and bend the spring that pushes the ball into the detents. That will loosen it up.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.